Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that the RL has automatic leveling for load conditions. I looked and saw what looks like an air bag in the rear spring. I have not seen any spec on hondas web site to back this up.. anyone have info or found out first hand?
Thanks
Dave

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I have never read about any auto levelling feature of the Risgeline. I would think that somewhere Honda would have mentioned this feature. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I hope not...not that Honda couldn't do it right but I had an auto leveling system on a Subaru and it when it began to malfunction it would raise the vehicle up to it's highest height. The fix: replace each air spring/controller at a cost of $700.00 each. No thanks.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm a big fan of auto-leveling, great for towing!

However the Ridgeline doesn't have it. Is the "bag" the dealer pointed out to you inside each spring in the rear? If so, that would be the shock.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The Ridgeline is not equipped with auto leveling rear dampers.

The vehicle is also not shipped with “spacers” in the springs. This is done on a couple of passenger cars to provide increased clearance during transport. This is not an issue with the R-L.
K

·
Registered
484 Posts
Had auto-levelling on the Jimmy I traded in for the RL. Sometime in the first week or so of ownership, the rod that connected to the switch (to raise/lower the frame relative to the axle) came off while in the "Too Low" position and just pumped the airbags up nice and full so I was driving with a nice down-angle and the rear-end bouncing like a basketball over bumps! :eek:

I pulled off to a parking lot and pulled the fuse for the circuit since I didn't know that the connecting-rod existed or that it had come undone and it was dark outside. A few minutes later, I noticed it was starting to return to normal, so I started to drive home again. After it was reattached it worked fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is an old thread but a new question.....

Has anyone added a auto or self leveling system to their Ridgeline? I tow a 4000lb plus boat that lowers the back end a bit....yes the trailer is level. I get the flash of brights at night because I unfortunalty have my lights aimed up because of the trailer/Boat.

I did a search online and did find a couple aftermarket pieces that say they will fit the Ridgeline.

http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/...10612+4294963237&y=2006&mk=Honda&md=Ridgeline

Anyone?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Those kits at The Parts Bin appear to simply be universal kits that come up when you search for Ridgeline.

I searched around for a kit that specifically said that it was for the Ridgeline, and came up empty. Results were the same as when originally discussed here on the ROC -- you can get them for the Odyssey, but not the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What Weight Distribution Hitch did you get?

My trailer has surge brakes and a swing away toungue so it might be difficult to find something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was looking around on E-trailer, and found this paragraph:

Dependent sway controls are built in to weight distribution systems. They rely on the downward force of the spring bar to apply frictional resistance to brackets on the trailer tongue to combat trailer sway. This style is more consistent than the independent friction style, is easier to hook up, and over or under tightening is not a problem. This system is the only one approved for trailers with surge (hydraulic) brakes. [Part #49579, 49578, 66152, 66154, 66156, 66158]

It is from this link, and the model 49579 is what I have.

http://www.etrailer.com/faq_weightdistribution.aspx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts