Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a lurker on the boards here for a few weeks and just picked up my '06 Ridgeline 2 weeks ago. So far my wife and I love it!

The only 'problem' I am having is that I can't seem to get the automatic door lock to work properly.

In the manual & the quick start guide it shows how to setup the truck to automatically lock the doors when your speed gets to about 9MPH. I have tried a few different ways to get this to work using the instructions in the manual & the quick start guide with no change. I have even reset the automatic lock feature by turning it 'off' then trying to turn it back 'on'.

The automatic unlock works fine & all doors lock & unlock without problem using the button on the inside of the drivers side door or the remote.

Does anyone here have any ideas on why this feature would not be working or what I may be doing wrong while trying to turn it on?

Thank you & glad to be part of the club!
Eric F.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
FYI, some of the older '06 models did not have the updated circuitry to support this feature.

There was a post with the affected VIN numbers to determine if you were one of the lucky ones. If not, some ROCrs were able to get "customer goodwill" dispensation from the dealer for the upgrade.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
FYI, some of the older '06 models did not have the updated circuitry to support this feature.

There was a post with the affected VIN numbers to determine if you were one of the lucky ones. If not, some ROCrs were able to get "customer goodwill" dispensation from the dealer for the upgrade.
The earlier ( made in 2005 before September ) Ridgeline would lock all the doors at 8mph - they would only unlock the drivers door when put in park or the key was switched to "lock or 0".

I got my March 2005 built Ridgeline upgraded from the A11 fuse box to the A12 at the 2007 National in St Louis - ( thanks for that TMac ) by the Honda crew lead by Gary Flint.

You have to listen for the clicks and press the lock key and the brake pedal when it says to do it. It does work, and it is timing dependent. You can follow the manual but listen for the clicks - sometimes it takes one extra click for things to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts