Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried to operate the automatic lock and unlock according to the owners manual, all doors are supposed to lock when taken out of park and unlock when put back into park. Contacted the dealer but had no answer, wondering if it was a flaw in owners manual.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Default from the factory, the RL will lock all doors when reaching 9 mph (or 12 mph, can't remember for sure) and unlock the Driver's door only when putting it in park. I have changed mine, per the manual, to lock when taking out of park and unlock when turning the key off (I didn't want it to unlock at the ATM and drive through windows).

L

·
0 Posts
swampler said:
Default from the factory, the RL will lock all doors when reaching 9 mph (or 12 mph, can't remember for sure) and unlock the Driver's door only when putting it in park. I have changed mine, per the manual, to lock when taking out of part and unlock when turning the key off (I didn't want it to unlock at the ATM and drive through windows).
ALL doors unlock when you turn the key off? Share share!! How :confused: u do dat??

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Search "door locks". Somebody posted a thread with pictures and part numbers for a cheap way to do it. Vertkr I think.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I disabled mine, got sick of walking 1/2 block away before the wife could figure out how to get out. Was good for a laugh though :D

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
JOERIDGE said:
I disabled mine, got sick of walking 1/2 block away before the wife could figure out how to get out. Was good for a laugh though :D
If you need a good laugh, lock her in with the remote, then when she unlocks the door to get out, the alarm will go off. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
My other favorite is to sneak on her heated seat and keep asking her if she's ok :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
I tried the heated seat trick, that just added to my "honey-do list for the weekend" I disabled my locks, my wife has a concealed carry permit and is just waiting for a carjacker. (For all you meatheads out there, this is a joke)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts