Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have an issue. I have gone into my settings and checked off both trip odo A & B to reset upon refuel however nothing changes when I refuel. I did this about a month ago and just verified my setting again this morning so I have refuelled several times since it was activated. To add to this, I am the type who drives until the needle is buried before I refuel and always fill to the brim. I assume the trip meter is zeroed and the fuel consumption also, is this correct? What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Have you tried setting one of them to zero out when you refuel & the other on manual reset or Ign Off reset? Maybe it's some programmer's way of making sure the mileage info is available by not allowing them to simultaneously zero out automatically?

I don't think you're missing anything else. Please let us know the solution when you get it figured out!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First I tried A and that did not work, then I tried A & B but still no go. Filled up again yesterday afternoon yet both counters continue to accumulate and the consumption is the same. Will try ignition off reset to see if this selection works or not. Has anyone successfully used this feature?

·
Registered
61 Posts
First I tried A and that did not work, then I tried A & B but still no go. Filled up again yesterday afternoon yet both counters continue to accumulate and the consumption is the same. Will try ignition off reset to see if this selection works or not. Has anyone successfully used this feature?
I have A set on mine and it automatically resets.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Neither A or B work for me as well. I just use the manual reset. Minor issue, but if someone finds a fix, I'll try it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried the reset with ignition, that worked as advertised. I will reset it back to "on fill up" to see if anything has changed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tried the reset with ignition, that worked as advertised. I will reset it back to "on fill up" to see if anything has changed.
It may have been covered (owners manual?) elsewhere (and I have not yet tried the 'fill-up reset'), but does anyone know what specifically triggers the fill-up reset? Is it the opening of the fuel filler door, or some 'volume sensor' in the tank, or ?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Sounds like a trip to the dealer may be in order if the auto reset just won't work. Please post the final fix - whatever it may be.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I was very happy when I found this option. It's been working flawlessly since I enabled it. I always fill the tank until the pump "pops."

I wonder if it has anything to do with which key you were using when you set the programming. I read in another forum post that many of the menu options are related directly to the key used when set. So maybe if you set it up using the 1 key and have been driving using the 2 key the setting doesn't work with the 2. Just a thought because I've only used one key since I've had my truck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have "A" programed to reset at "fill up" and it does and "B" to "manual" and it does. Have not tried it with the second key.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was very happy when I found this option. It's been working flawlessly since I enabled it. I always fill the tank until the pump "pops."

I wonder if it has anything to do with which key you were using when you set the programming. I read in another forum post that many of the menu options are related directly to the key used when set. So maybe if you set it up using the 1 key and have been driving using the 2 key the setting doesn't work with the 2. Just a thought because I've only used one key since I've had my truck.
Hmmm, will re-select the option making sure I am using "my" key and report back.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Works fine on mine. I would assume its based on volume change (since that is used as the calculation for Range it would be readily available for a program to use to trigger a reset) since I have not noticed if there is a switch tied with the fuel fill door.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's working fine now. Not sure if it was the key fob but after reprogramming again, both meters reset after refuelling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts