1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
267 Posts
Overall not bad. I don't like the 80s Pontiac looking cladding look of the rear bumper. The skinny turn signals in the Pilot lookalike front end are hideous and feminine looking. The rest of the front end and the profile are fine.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
OMG:act062: If it looks like that, I will be keeping my 2014 for a while. This is my opinion so feel free to voice yours. I will be shopping at Toyota or Ford if it looks like that.

Just saying.

Joe please rescue me... Please say it ain't so.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's a bit better than the VW Amorak photochop. The bed's proportions aren't quite right..

Let's put all the photochops to come in this thread...

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
ONLY look at that from the front doors forward (excluding the wheels). That's all I can say. You will notice features I've been saying for years. MT did a good job from the front doors forward, from the rear doors to bed, not so good. Don't get worried just yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks Joe. I'm fine with the look from the front doors forward. I had a chance to see the new Pilot at the Toronto auto show and to me, it looks even better in person. I hope the cabin features of the Pilot also transfer over to the Ridgeline. I hope they give it amber turn signals. I'm a buyer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a little worried if the front doors forward are accurate...The "CRV" style front end looks a little too soft for my tastes. I just would hope it would look a little harder or tougher.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm a little worried if the front doors forward are accurate...The "CRV" style front end looks a little too soft for my tastes. I just would hope it would look a little harder or tougher.
Now that you mention it, the front end does look a lot like a CRV.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts
Comparing this:

to this:

I much prefer the bottom option! IMO, Honda needs to hire John Nguyen to do their styling.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Agree, to me the front doors and forward are what I dislike the most. Where did the masculinity go? To gain just a few MPG they lost the "truck" look, just like the Pilot lost the SUV look. The Pilot is now a half CRV half Oddessy. These pictures (even if this isn't the final of what we actually get) are way too much CRV and Pilot looking to me. People want a truck. If they wanted a CRV or a Pilot they would buy that. I realize this is the most cost effective for Honda, but keep some uniqueness to the RL and quit combining everything. I'll be disappointed if this is 90% close to what we actually get and will really confirm a great decision to buy a 2013 Sport. As I mentioned in a few other threads, I'll take my slightly under powered and gas guzzling Gen1 over this any day. As far as the inside of this Gen2, many people like the new features like what is shown in the new pilot, but to me it is too much "stuff". I like the simplicity of the Gen1. Also, with all this new "stuff" say bye bye to the decent price. No way will a sticker price on this be under 30k for comparable RT and RTS and Sport models that the Gen2 finished with.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Comparing this:

to this:

I much prefer the bottom option! IMO, Honda needs to hire John Nguyen to do their styling.
I agree, that bottom one is much more superior to the top. I would definitely consider buying if it looked like this. Great comparison!

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I agree, that bottom one is much more superior to the top. I would definitely consider buying if it looked like this. Great comparison!
I agree too. The top one looks like they sliced the doors off a sedan and stuck them on the side of a truck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Agree.

The removal of the black trim on the lower body panels and wheel arches makes the silver truck look much better. Much, Much better. If the blue version had side steps, it would make a big improvement. The aggressive fender flares on the sliver truck also add significantly to the "truck" look.

I'm not feeling the grill treatment on either version. The front end styling on the blue version doesn't look quite finished somehow. The silver version just looks boring. I don't like either of them from the front.

It really matters little to me. My 2008 only has 115K miles on the clock so she'll be my companion for many years to come!

Roll On ROC...

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Pilot is now a half CRV half Oddessy.
Look at the newest Accord, it also shares the same front styling cues as the new Odyssey and CRV, although they are not identical. All car companies are moving in that common corporate face styling.

Look at Mazda, from the front, you can't even distinguish the sedans from the SUV's.

I'm pretty secure in my masculinity, I don't need a "tough" looking truck to confirm it :act024:

For me, it's function over form.. :act035:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Look at the newest Accord, it also shares the same front styling cues as the new Odyssey and CRV, although they are not identical. All car companies are moving in that common corporate face styling.

Look at Mazda, from the front, you can't even distinguish the sedans from the SUV's.

I'm pretty secure in my masculinity, I don't need a "tough" looking truck to confirm it :act024:

For me, it's function over form.. :act035:
I agree, but function over form can only go so far. If people don't like the way it looks, they aren't going to buy it.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I'm pretty certain that there will be some after market grills available shortly after or maybe even before the RL hits the showrooms. That's what i will do if I don't like what the front end looks like.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I agree, but function over form can only go so far. If people don't like the way it looks, they aren't going to buy it.
Boy, I'm in the opposite camp. I care very little about the way it looks or even color. To me it doesn't matter. With mine getting close to 200,000 miles, I'll need another Ridgeline in a year. I just need a good dependable vehicle that will carry a "few pounds" on a regular year round basis here in the NW.

My current RL is blue because it had the lowest miles of any RTL's in the dealership.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The blue one looks like a CR-V with a bed. I know it is just a rendering based on what the popular thought is, but it has a real chick car look to me. The silver one has a more truck line look, but it does not fit in with Honda's latest design cues. The blue one is more in line with where Honda is going regarding design.
I look forward to the real thing when it comes out. I will visit a dealership to compare to the one I have now. As was said earlier, I have a few good years left with mine to let the new one grow on me.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts