Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think the last guy in this article had read some other info on this truck, and had a biast opinion before writing his review. I'll bet his "american made" truck is in the shop getting fixed, which certainly put him in a negative mood that day at work.

Poor guy.......................

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
OH MY GOD! WHAT DID I DO? Why, oh why did I buy a Ridgeline with the sunroof controls located where they are? Oh the humanity! What am I gonna do now?

Sheesh! Some peoples kids...
Ya really gotta dig deep and look past a lot of good stuff to uncover and write about such a huge problem like the location of the sunroof controls.
:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
OH MY GOD! WHAT DID I DO? Why, oh why did I buy a Ridgeline with the sunroof controls located where they are? Oh the humanity! What am I gonna do now?

Sheesh! Some peoples kids...
Ya really gotta dig deep and look past a lot of good stuff to uncover and write about such a huge problem like the location of the sunroof controls.
:confused: :confused:
YOU MORON!! HOW COULD YOU BE SO DUMB HOG, HOW COULD YOU???!!! :rolleyes:
And since when is the column mounted gear shift a "honda signature"??? what the hell was that all about...every truck ive owned has had the gear shift on the steering column??? what a goof ball reviewer. seriously. he loves the truck and can't stand himself for it!!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I suspect that he didn't spend enough time inside the ridgeline to notice that putting the gearshift on the floor would screw up the best center console that I have ever seen on any vehicle. I have a suggestion for where he can put his gearshift, but I think that he has already tried it! :eek:

·
Registered
460 Posts
exactly indeed................that guy was a "honda truck hater". surprised he didn't gripe about dirt he found in floor board.

·
Registered
578 Posts
now that I think about it some more: it's funny, it seems to my like the only people that complain about the sunroof switch are those that 1) are magazine reviewers or 2) want to mess with the sunroof. Owners/drivers of the cars never seem to have an issue.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Regarding the shift lever, I don't think it's the location but rather the operation of it that the reviewer objected too.

"I continue to have problems with in terms of slipping into gears other than drive"

I must agree, as a first time Honda owner I did find the shift lever a little akward to manipulate. If you pull back all the way on the lever and pull down, it stops at N-eutral and wont go any further. You have to let the lever in a little before you can shift down to D-rive. By no means is this a deal breaker and something easy to over come. I think as everyone stated above, he just needed something to nit pick. Then again, some people just hate change.

·
Registered
98 Posts
For those of us jumping ship from the regular truck world, the shifter is exactly what we are used to. I have never had a problem with it. Now the cruise control button is another story.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quick tip for all you new owners. There is a break-in time for the shift lever. Mine was stiff at first and never seemed to want to go into D easily. It now shifts much smoother and jumps right into D from R or P. Just FYI.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have notices the shifter being stiff also. I Have trouble finding Drive with out looking. But did not think much of it. no big deal. And if it improves . all the better. My concern is gas Mileage (15.9 hwy). Epecially with the price of gas about ready to sky rocket again. Of course that is for another post. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
WhiteRL said:
I have notices the shifter being stiff also. I Have trouble finding Drive with out looking. But did not think much of it. no big deal. And if it improves . all the better. My concern is gas Mileage (15.9 hwy). Epecially with the price of gas about ready to sky rocket again. Of course that is for another post. :)
hey WHITERL, i know you are concerned about your mpg. and i don't blame you. why don't you have the dealer run a diagnotstic on yours to make sure all plugs are firing, etc.. with the mileage you are posting for hwy, hopefully they would run it as a warranty service........just a thought, would like to see you more comfortable with the mpg....i know i seem to be doing a bit better in my rl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
shingles said:
now that I think about it some more: it's funny, it seems to my like the only people that complain about the sunroof switch are those that 1) are magazine reviewers or 2) want to mess with the sunroof. Owners/drivers of the cars never seem to have an issue.
It would seem that the placement of the sunroof controls on my Accord didn't have a negative impact on sales of that model. ;-) The only conclusion we can come to is that all Magazine Reviewers are also the very same people who want to jack with our sun roof controls!!!!!!!!!!!!

SY

1 - 20 of 20 Posts