Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Aux Audio Jack not working - fix

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Miketegra 
#1 ·
I noticed the other day that I was not able to select the AUX input on my stereo. When I jiggled the cable going from my phone to the jack, the AUX input mode would appear for a second or two then disappear.
After some research, I discovered that the problem is inside the 1/8" connector, specifically that the input cable was not being detected.
Solution is to take the jack apart and solder or otherwise connect/jumper two of the pins on the pcb.
I did the soldering and now it works perfectly.
With the original configuration, the AUX input would only be available when a cable was plugged into the jack. Now, the AUX input is available whether a cable is plugged in or not. Not an issue for me and saved roughly $40 by not having to buy a new jack.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just bought an 08' RTL a few weeks ago and had the same issue with the AUX input. If someone doesn't have a soldering iron or wants to retain original operation, you can just replace the pcb (circuit board) pictured above with one from another honda aux input.

I got one on Amazon for $12- part number ( 39112-SNA-A01 ).

Just disassemble the purchased AUX input like the one in your Ridgeline and swap out the pcb and your done.
5 min job. I was surprised at how easy it was to take the jack out with a flathead. I thought I might have had to get to it from behind the dash.

I like Mike's solution but I have messed up my share of circuits trying to solder with my less than impressive fine motor skills so I here's another way to skin that cat and save a few bucks.

#3 ·
Good to know about the replace pcb option. I saw a video of someone who, lacking a soldering iron, just inserted the right size screw between the two posts and it accomplished the same thing. Just need a way to jumper or otherwise connect them and good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.