Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 2 months or so ago I installed the rearview camera and tapped the reverse signal under the dash on my 2011 RTS. Followed the information on ROC and it worked like a charm. I loosened the bolt holding aux fuse box in so I could get better access to the wire.

For the past couple of weeks I have noticed my trip computer would reset and my DRL dash light would flicker on and off (bulbs work fine). But now it seems my electrical gremlin has grown.

First my key fob wouldn't unlock the doors. And on my way home from my parents yesterday the lights in my door switch went out in addition to the key fobs and the warning dings that tell you something was left on.

I tried looking at it last night but it was a little dark. I noticed if I pushed a little bit on the fuse box, everything thing worked again. Any ideas on where my connection issue is?

· Registered
5,700 Posts
Sounds like you've got a good enough handle on this that you'll figure it out as soon as you have sufficient light. 'Could be a ground wire connection.... or ???

I'm betting you see/fix when you get back in there. A closer examination should tell the tale. You've clearly narrowed your point of failure.

· Registered
5,700 Posts
So I'd start by looking at anything that you added/installed. Even if you have to remove it temporarily to validate it's NOT the problem. Next, check all of the fuses themselves, especially any that might be assigned to dash/instrument functions. You should already have checked the ground wires for this box to make sure they are secure... look for any thing loose.

You said previously that you could 'push' on this aux box & get a 'response' in the symptoms you are seeing. Are you not able to localize by following that further?

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,891 Posts
and Check/Test or Replace the Battery.

It's my truck's only downfall, I've replaced the battery 4 times in 10 years, and I'm considering replacing before a major road trip this fall

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disconnected the backup camera. Still no luck. Battery is good and all the fuses appear to be good. Do you happen to know what specific body ground is for that fuse box? I've looked at all the ones I could find but it would be nice to know specifically what one I should focus on.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ended up bringing it to my local mechanic he said he tested all the wiring and everything looked good. He recommended bringing it to Honda to get the fusebox tested. So its sitting at Honda for the week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.