Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a G2 Ridgeline with 119,000 miles, its well maintained but still lots of miles on bumpy Forest Service roads. A few months ago, I noticed some thumping sounds in the right front suspension, and the guys from the local import auto shop diagnosed a worn out right front strut. We scheduled the repair for a couple of weeks later, but 2+ months later, the parts are still on backorder with no delivery time in sight.

I've been informed that there are no sources of replacement struts, other than Honda, and that ones made for the Pilot won't work on the Ridgeline? I even called the local Honda dealer service shop this morning and they confirmed that the parts are on backorder and not available.

Just wondering if others have encountered a similar problem, and if anyone has any brainy alternative suggestions, other than just be patient??? Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Black edition
328 Posts
Yeah there was a similar thread to a guy that *blew his strut on Washboard. Unfortunately, there isn't a big aftermarket for strut. From what I know there is only one company that offers aftermarket from Flatoutsuspension but it's pretty price at $1.6k for a set of front and rear ( preorder)
You could also check a auto dismantling places to see if they have a set usually much cheaper than buying new if you find a decent pair.

Maybe record a video with sound of the thumping because I do know the Amplitue Reactive dampers do produce different noises.

Also,If you do buy OEM the strut isn't assembled so extra cost for putting it together

*The verdict of that thread was that a little leaking was ok for the most part

·
Registered
2017 Hondaridgeline Sports AWD
9 Posts
I've got a G2 Ridgeline with 119,000 miles, its well maintained but still lots of miles on bumpy Forest Service roads. A few months ago, I noticed some thumping sounds in the right front suspension, and the guys from the local import auto shop diagnosed a worn out right front strut. We scheduled the repair for a couple of weeks later, but 2+ months later, the parts are still on backorder with no delivery time in sight.

I've been informed that there are no sources of replacement struts, other than Honda, and that ones made for the Pilot won't work on the Ridgeline? I even called the local Honda dealer service shop this morning and they confirmed that the parts are on backorder and not available.

Just wondering if others have encountered a similar problem, and if anyone has any brainy alternative suggestions, other than just be patient??? Thanks, Chris
interesting find... Unity Struts Assembly Front Part numbers (#13431 and #13432) are the same for 2016-20 Pilot and Ridgeline...
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Unity Automotive (unityclients.com)

2017 Honda Pilot
Unity Automotive (unityclients.com)

does this mean they have the same struts assembly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts