Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished of my install of, Pioneer avic 5100 next.
What a difference in sound from factory head unit to pioneer..
Items used
Relay
Pioneer avic 5100 Next
Schoshe harness
Metra harness
Metra dash kit
Aswc
Bob smith glue
Kicker RCA's
I used the factory OEM navigation plate for pioneers antenna. Just wrapped OEM antenna up and out of way
Looking for ground I poked around website. And found many spots behind glove box and head unit.. So I used bar next to airbag in dash.
Bought 2 harnesses for one purpose.. No slicing or tapping in.. I removed wires from one harness and added wires for aswc wire which is red and green, and brown wire for ground.. Much easier than I expected..
Used a relay for
Aswc
Amp
Antenna wire
Very easy to install..
Bought some Bob smith ca glue and bonded both pocket and metra kit together, so will not flex, also used glue on bolts and mounting bracket to prevent flexing..
All said installed and went in beautifully and no gaps or flexing..
I really like the bypass on this head unit, no wire needed. You tubed on how to bypass, very easy if you can move finger up and left on touchscreen..
Forgot to mention I also tied into the red and white speed sensor wire, located passenger foot kickpanel..

I'm still working on the equalizer and crossover settings..
So far I have my front and rear set @ 80 hz, same as subwoofer setting..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Bought some Bob smith ca glue and bonded both pocket and metra kit together, so will not flex, also used glue on bolts and mounting bracket to prevent flexing..
Do you have any pics of the bonded pocket/metra kit from the back side showing how you glued it?

Also does "also used glue on bolts and mounting bracket to prevent flexing"
mean you glued the mounting bolts to the metra kit?

Thanks for your post!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i glued bolts and brackets of metra kit together.
Basically I used small pony clamps, applied glue on both pocket and metra where bolts and tips meet..
Held on all night with clamps, a little messy but in the spring I am going to flush mount kit with plastic filler and paint

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the powerbass x900 series. The equalizer is pretty much trial and error for me right now.. Trying to mix n match settings.
Soccerdad, how long did it take you to figure out settings on pioneer? All my wires were soldered except few connection terminal

·
Registered
44 Posts
It took a while to find something that sounded best on all my stations. I set the EQ with heavy highs and lows and the mid about 50%. Kind of a U shaped curve. It takes a while... My problem is one FM station has really sucky sound. In this case a HD FM would be better. I think the quality of the overall sound is so much better that it shows the poor quality of this station more. I also messed with app radio and of course the carplay. Waiting on more carplay apps.... But found out if you just have Bluetooth enabled, and waze turned on in your phone, it will give you all the "watch out" things and directions, while having the GPS display on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Great pics and info. I am just about to spring for a 5100.
Any reason you chose AWSC over others such as Crux SWRHN-62L Wiring Interface?
Do you have a rear camera too?

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never heard of the crux wiring interface.. I do have a camera, but will run cable for it in spring time..I'm very happy with the head unit!!! Trust me, can't go wrong on this pioneer.. I did my research and looked into JVC, Kenwood, and pioneer was my liking...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks optimus.
I bought the Metra harness and the ASWC. Which relay did you use?
And what is the "bypass" you are referring to on the Pioneer?

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I used a 40 amp relay I had laying around..Basically the bypass is on the home screen on unit.. I you tubed it and worked!! You have to take your finger 1/2 lower left screen from side to bottom.. Very easy, no extra wires to hook up. Now you can watch movies while in drive.. (At own risk)..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks mate!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts