Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you purposefully buy the "high profile" deflector, or was that the only style available for your model year? Does it visibly vibrate much at highway (75+mph) speeds?

Like you, I think a hood protector that actually screws onto the hood is preferable to using 3M Tape, but I think I would prefer the look of a lower profile hood protector.

I've got a 2018 Ridgeline, and at the link you provided, evidently my only option is a low profile bug deflector (different manufacturer than yours) that attaches w/ the 3M Tape.

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,411 Posts
This actually looks really good. I do wonder if these work as advertised though. I may have to get one.
They work great actually!

Reactions: tmz

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
500 Posts
Did you purposefully buy the "high profile" deflector, or was that the only style available for your model year? Does it visibly vibrate much at highway (75+mph) speeds?

Like you, I think a hood protector that actually screws onto the hood is preferable to using 3M Tape, but I think I would prefer the look of a lower profile hood protector.

I've got a 2018 Ridgeline, and at the link you provided, evidently my only option is a low profile bug deflector (different manufacturer than yours) that attaches w/ the 3M Tape.
I have a '21 and the high profile version was the only one available.

I am good with the larger deflector, as I believe it will actually provide better protection for the windshield.

Looking forward to getting it installed.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
1,207 Posts

I've had both styles on other vehicles. The low ones don't do much at all. My main problem with them is you can't clean behind them. Honda has low profile shields if you want one, they also have a couple of screws, and are only around $180 +/-

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do these bug deflectors actually work at all?

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
1,207 Posts
Almost any deflector will protect the front edge of your hood, as for bugs it depends on how many and where you live. The nice thing about these, you can clean under them, and they aren't permanent, so you can remove it if you need to. A lot cheaper option than a Honda deflector or paint protection film.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
1,207 Posts
When I bought my 21 model, Honda had both styles available, then dropped the high-profile model. Supply chain problems? Who knows. I got my shield today and will try it at higher speed and let you know how it does. I will post tomorrow after a good test; we'll go to the ++ side of you question (LOL)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts