Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to say what a great forum this is. It has really helped me with my indecision (somewhat). :confused:

I buy, fix and sell houses for a living. I carry a tool box, drill and miscellaneous small cases al the time. I drive a Dodge Durango now. It has a 5.9L engine with full-time 4wd, which has plenty of power to pull out the occasional stump.

I have been looking at the Frontier and the Ridgeline. I am going to buy one by the end of this week and I would really like to be talked into the Ridgeline. It is the direction I am leaning.

Any help???

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Sounds like you're already talked into it.

Your tools will fit into the trunk of the RL, so no need for the big, across the bed toolbox.

I will have to say though, I tried pulling out a fairly small shrub stump last night that I just couldn't get out (though I have managed to pull a couple out in the past). I would think a low range would have helped, although I did end up losing traction, even with the 4 wheel lock engaged.

Other than pulling stumps, I'd go with the Ridgeline hands down.

L

·
0 Posts
RehabGuy said:
First I would like to say what a great forum this is. It has really helped me with my indecision (somewhat). :confused:

I buy, fix and sell houses for a living. I carry a tool box, drill and miscellaneous small cases al the time. I drive a Dodge Durango now. It has a 5.9L engine with full-time 4wd, which has plenty of power to pull out the occasional stump.

I have been looking at the Frontier and the Ridgeline. I am going to buy one by the end of this week and I would really like to be talked into the Ridgeline. It is the direction I am leaning.

Any help???
I'm with swampi. Sounds like you have made up your mind especially since you are here.
You can't find a better all around vehicle in MMHO!! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the posts.

I guess I have made my decision. I have just always been really sure of what I want or I don't buy, but with the gas prices the way they are and as much city driving as I am forced to do I can't keep my current vehicle. I really don't like everything of anything that is out there and I'm looking at spending $25k plus trade for a luke-warm feel. UUUGGGHHH!!! :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
RehabGuy -
I build scenery for theatre's and fix trade show displays when not at my full time job and the Ridge is the perfect truck for one reason: the trunk. Never ever do i need to remove my tools when i get home, worry about my tools or need to get a ladder to reach the middle of a bed mounted box. I feel great knowing that at all times my tools are secure and dry regardless of neighborhood or weather. If however, you need to carry a large amount of tools with you all the time, this may not be the truck for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Once you have experienced the trunk... you cant go back. Its a necessity in my book!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
RehabGuy said:
I have just always been really sure of what I want or I don't buy, but with the gas prices the way they are and as much city driving as I am forced to do I can't keep my current vehicle. I really don't like everything of anything that is out there and I'm looking at spending $25k plus trade for a luke-warm feel. UUUGGGHHH!!! :eek:
Hey RehabGuy, have you driven the Ridgeline? Once you own it, that luke-warm feeling will turn all fuzzy and you won't look back, especially if you also plan to use this truck for fun on the weekends and for family events and vacations. Work isn't everything and it's nice to know the truck is versatile enough for both work and fun!!!! (One key to happiness is balance in your life and the Ridgeline is perfectly "balanced!")

Regarding gas prices, I'm glad I bought my truck in March, just before gas went up and over $2.50. If I were looking now, it would've been a little harder to justify getting rid of my Civic for the Ridge. But like I say, I'm glad I did it! It's like people always say about having kids, somehow you manage. (And it is a lot better than most other trucks on the mileage.)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I agree with snowman -- the trunk RULES!! It's so amazing to have so much safe, locked storage -- out of sight, dry, and easy to access. Also you'll find that the back seat area has *tons* of additional storage space for other things that you want to keep locked up -- the back seats fold up very efficiently.

Good luck with your decision -- make sure you give the Ridge a good, long test drive -- it rides like a dream!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe it's better that you keep the old truck. Buying a Ridgeline will cut into that buy, fix, and sell time. Since you will be washing, polishing, modifing, and answering all those walk up admirers questions. Ya it's probably better to just work, or so the wife tells me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I agree with what everyone else has posted so far but I will add that at the end of a long day the ride home in the Ridgeline will be far more comfortable and enjoyable than in any other truck out there. I have a friend that does what you do RehabGuy and when he needs to carry additional large or otherwise difficult items he pulls a motorcycle trailer with a ladder rack on the roof. The motorcycle trailer serves double-duty but the rear ramp type door is the key. He has it outfitted with all of the cabinets, benches, tools, and lights that he can ever use. If it is a large job he secures the trailer at the job site until the job is done. He bought a Dodge Dakota last year but when he sees my Ridgeline he says that he should have waited. He has a nice cap on his truck but it is far from secure. He has to unload valuable tools at night because he parks the truck in his driveway so that he can park his (wife's) BMW 645xx(?) (WOW !!! :D !!!, what a car!!!!!!!) in the garage. I am still working on him. The trade in value will probably kill the deal though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all for the replies, just furthers my very positive feeling about this site.

I bought the truck last night and I am already in heaven. :D

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
RehabGuy said:
Thanks to all for the replies, just furthers my very positive feeling about this site.

I bought the truck last night and I am already in heaven. :D
Congrats on your purchase. How about some details...trim level, color, or even pics?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
RehabGuy, You have made the right choice and if you cruise it at 2000 rpm and let her shift at 2500 max it will return 19.87 mpg. on flat land. I read it here on the ROC and had to try it. I drive half stop and go and half freeway. You can rely on alot of the information here on the ROC. Welcome aboard and post some pics of your new ride. :D

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the ROC family RehabGuy. We are glad you are here and made the right choice.You won't be sorry.
CONGRATS!! Post pics!! :D :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts