Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some "clunking" type sounds coming from what I expect to be the axels? Does thing at very low speed(under 10mph) and goes away. Drives fine otherwise on the road. Sounds as is something is broke. Also sometimes when parked for around 8/10 or so, when descending the truck makes noises from the wheels resembling a bicycle wheel that needs greased. Not sure if the problems are related.This is the best I can explain this problem is lameins terms. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,582 Posts
I had a clunk sound develop in my 2006 Pilot that sounded suspension based. I could not find it for love nor money. My stab links were tight when checked by hand. I took it to an indie shop I trust and they found a tiny bit of play in the stab links (110k+ miles). We replaced them and the clunk has gone away. I would have never found that on my own.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had a clunk sound develop in my 2006 Pilot that sounded suspension based. I could not find it for love nor money. My stab links were tight when checked by hand. I took it to an indie shop I trust and they found a tiny bit of play in the stab links (110k+ miles). We replaced them and the clunk has gone away. I would have never found that on my own.
Same for me. I felt mine and they seemed fine. I had to get into a position to get some leverage and tug really hard to get some movement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts