Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to take my RL to a shade tree shop for front axles and sway bar links. I plan on buying all the parts from Rock Auto. Can anyone confirm a complete list of parts I need? I plan on grabbing

Front Left Axle
Front Right Axle
2x Front Sway Bar Link
2x Front Sway Bar Bushings

Is there anything else i'm missing? I'd ask my mechanic but communication isn't his strong suit. Wrenching is. So I just wanna make sure I have all the parts available when I show up.

Anything else I should do while those are off?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,443 Posts
I suggest OEM axles. There have been multiple reports of 3rd party axels causing issues that have been problematic to track down.

Reactions: feetdry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suggest OEM axles. There have been multiple reports of 3rd party axels causing issues that have been problematic to track down.
any hidden gems to find OEM at a better price? they are running near 300 at my local honda. I just can't make that work right now.

How about the other parts? is that all that's needed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,443 Posts
Here's one of multiple examples you can find here at the ROC as regards 3rd party axles. IMO, it's simply not worth the risk/time involved if you are unlucky and the axles prove to be problematic. The installing shop is going to doubt their new axles could be a problem too... so you can end up chasing your tail on this issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts