Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...yes, I did do a test drive, but yesterday and today are the first two days I've really had to drive Minerva and all I can say is "WOW!" Actually, I can say more...please read on...

First, I was very impressed with how she handled, visibility was excellent, and she handled New England's numerous pot holes with great aplomb.

Second, it's been the most comfortable vehicle I've ever been in. I have serious headroom issues (that's why Minerva has no moonroof), I could actually wear a hat, and sit up straight. After my Trooper passed away I was driving my wife's Accord and kept banging various body parts, usually my head. And Minerva rides much better than the Trooper (no offense to the Trooper, who served me long and well).

Third, I am amazed by all the space in this "mid-sized" truck. There are nooks and crannies everywhere. I had to create a map where I put stuff so I'd remember where various items were :). I can't believe how much room there is in the back when the rear seats are up. And the center consol :D.

Fourth, my neighbors, "That's made by Honda?!"; "Look, there is a trunk in the bed!"; "Beautiful color!"; "Look at all the room!"; "Check out these lights in the bed!" etc.

Fifth, Minerva is big without being big. She is easy to drive.

Six, Minerva is solid and that's spelled "Thunk!" when her doors close. I feel like I am driving a tank.

Seven, I like sitting up high again. There are a couple of intersections I have to negotiate on the way to work and now I can see over the bushes.

Eight, my twelve year old really likes it. He now refers to my wife's '05 Accord as "a tin can".

Nine, the power rear window

Ten, I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

Do any of you folks have a Wow Factor you would like to share?

Also, please support LadyRidge and the Toys for Tots (go Green!). Please go to this link for more info: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3596

Cheers,

·
Registered
289 Posts
Now you know why all of us in the ROC bought the Honda Ridgeline. We took a test drive and said, "WOW"! What more needs to be said. :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Re:please Share Wow Factor

The 6200 miles on my truck pretty much spell WOW, normally I put ~7500 miles a year on a vehicle. And I already have 6200 miles on a 5 month old vehicle. Any excuse to drive my truck. I need to find fewer excuses, and drive the car more often, I know it is getting lonely.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
iROC, I knew you were going to love it! Thanks for the post listing all the features that jumped out at you. We just had our six month anniversary of owning our truck and I still think, "WOW, that's ours!"

When we're looking for it in a parking lot and I spot it, I think, "WOW, that's a pretty vehicle" or "WOW, that's a pretty color."

The NAV still has me in WOW mode. I simply love NAV.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Just a simple WOW!!!says it all.

L

·
0 Posts
If I ever finish with the WOW..I'll let you know. So far..no "no wow" in sight. :confused: :eek: :D :p

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
What else would you expect? It is a HONDA!!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To use a poor analogy it's like the difference between reading about a great meal and actually eating one. I read a lot about the Ridge and knew I would like it...I just didn't realize how much. Minerva has exceeded my expectations. Yes, Wow! :D

As a post script I would just add that I feel sorry for those in the market for a similar sized truck who don't give the Ridge a chance. :eek:

Thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Everytime I get in it, I feel a huge sigh of happiness bubble up inside. I have NEVER had this kind of reaction to a vehicle!

Have they sprayed some addicting and intoxicating chemical in the interior? Is there some silent subliminal message playing from the radio 24/7?? What makes this truck inspire such devotion and even poetry? :eek:

Sorry, must go get my "fix"...:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts