Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I have a 2006 RL that just broke 100k miles. Wooo!!

The notice for my B4 service due just came up on the computer yesterday.

My question is…How long from when this light comes on do I have to get the service done? Is there any way to tell how close I am or a general time frame that it needs to be completed by.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank You

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm not sure about your question. Did you buy the truck recently and is this your first service or have you been keeping up with the service on it for years? Regardless, why do you want to wait? Especially if you're unsure if the truck's up to speed on its servicing, I'd get it done sooner rather than later. If you're using synthetic you can wait, but again, if you're unsure when the last service was done, what you have for oil, etc., I'd get it done now.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Oh I get it.. Timing belt. Sorry, wasn't thinking about that when I read your post. Yeah, there are a lot of different theories on that on this forum. When my truck hits 100k I won't wait too long since belt failure would be "catastrophic" (as rare as it is and many claim their belts look perfect when changed at well over 100k). That's just my two cents. I'll let others, more knowledgeable and experienced weigh in.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
For a TB service, I would say since the truck is about 9 years old and you live in S. Florida your biggest enemies are time and heat, not necessarily the miles.

I would plan for having it done but without any huge rush. Get some prices. Figure out who will do it. Then make an appointment when it is convenient. It wont matter if you get some additional miles on the truck before it gets done...you are way out of warranty anyway.

good luck

·
Registered
933 Posts
I assume you are near a timing belt, spark plugs, and valve adjustment as far as I can gather. I would check the power radiator fittings for corrosion, but if it was a FL truck most likely not going to be an issue. I'd also think about brake fluid, power steering, antifreeze, VTM, transfer case, tranny etc as far as future maintenance, though I may be going beyond your ques.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I assume you are near a timing belt, spark plugs, and valve adjustment as far as I can gather. I would check the power radiator fittings for corrosion, but if it was a FL truck most likely not going to be an issue. I'd also think about brake fluid, power steering, antifreeze, VTM, transfer case, tranny etc as far as future maintenance, though I may be going beyond your ques.
No road salt, but maybe 'salt air'. Hard on paint not sure it matters for the rad connections.
Based on a previous post on a radiator trans cooler failure with little corrosion on the external fittings, not sure that's an accurate indicator either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts