Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a cruise to New England and Canada. Drove the Ridgeline to PA to join family that accompanied us on the cruise. Drove nearly 700 miles roundtrip to PA and averaged 20.6MPG which I consider to be very acceptable considering there were 3 passengers and lots of luggage in the truck. Visited 2 Canadian ports and 3 in the US. Despite all of this travel, we saw a grand total of 1 other Ridgeline on the road (Steel Blue in Northern VA).

BTW- could have used a bumpier ride on the way home. We were pretty fatigued from the trip and the smoothness of the Ridgeline did not help me as I fought off drowsiness. This vehicle is absolutely the best cruising vehicle I have ever owned. Smooth and effortless with tons of room for passengers and gear. It may not be selling well but I don't regret the purchase :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! We drove this weekend (just 8 hours) but still a long drive. We took the Accord... I wanted the RL! It is just that much more comfortable... besides having the XM radio ;)

Did you take some pictures?

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome home my Silver Ridged buddy!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Welcome back. Yes, please post some pictures.
:p

·
Registered
579 Posts
Despite all of this travel, we saw a grand total of 1 other Ridgeline on the road (Steel Blue in Northern VA).

-----

When I went on vacation last month I traveled over 1500 miles and only saw ONE RL. In fact other than the one I saw on the road when I was test driving mine before the purchase, I've only seen one other on the road and that was on the way to work this morning. Someone else was test driving a silver one. I could tell by the way they looked at my red one that they'd be going back to the dealer and asking to swap colors....

:D

Seriously though, it's amazing how few of these you see on the road.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Embo_9 said:
Despite all of this travel, we saw a grand total of 1 other Ridgeline on the road (Steel Blue in Northern VA).

-----

When I went on vacation last month I traveled over 1500 miles and only saw ONE RL. In fact other than the one I saw on the road when I was test driving mine before the purchase, I've only seen one other on the road and that was on the way to work this morning. Someone else was test driving a silver one. I could tell by the way they looked at my red one that they'd be going back to the dealer and asking to swap colors....

:D

Seriously though, it's amazing how few of these you see on the road.
Hey, have you seen the new Honda truck commercial where the Ridgeline is red? Although I love my silver, red is awfully striking.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I haven't seen that one. I've only seen the one with the Silver Ridge, the boat and the fish.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
On my vacation between MA and FL I must have seen at least a dozen different Ridgelines on the road, most were in FL though.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Where in Canada were you?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hez said:
Where in Canada were you?
We had stops in Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John's, New Brunswick. Both ports were lovely. Took bus tours to Peggy's Cove in NS and St. Martin's in NB. Stunning scenery and the locals were very friendly. We've vacationed all over your beautiful country, including Quebec City, Montreal, Waterton Lakes in Alberta, Vancouver and Victoria BC, even Whistler ski resort in BC. Still haven't made it to Banff yet but it's on our list. I will get a few pictures posted as soon as I have the time. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
383 Posts
denvrfan said:
Still haven't made it to Banff yet but it's on our list. .
A local tip... go see Banff for a day, enjoy the over flowing tourist filled crowds, then spend some quality time in Kananaskis. Far better camping, hiking, biking, animal sightings, canoeing, kayaking, grizzly encounters, golfing, fishing, x-c skiing, snowmobiling, etc.... :)

L

·
0 Posts
Skywalker said:
A local tip... go see Banff for a day, enjoy the over flowing tourist filled crowds, then spend some quality time in Kananaskis. Far better camping, hiking, biking, animal sightings, canoeing, kayaking, grizzly encounters, golfing, fishing, x-c skiing, snowmobiling, etc.... :)
Hey..Todd and I are planning a trip there next year. I can't wait. I have seen pictures and WOW...what breath taking scenery.

·
Registered
383 Posts
ladyridge said:
Hey..Todd and I are planning a trip there next year.
May I suggest you take a look at...
http://www.gemtrek.com/kananaskislakesmap.html
By far Gemtrek makes the best maps of the Canadian Rockies and I find them extremely useful for hiking/biking.

I find the mountains soooo peaceful!

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
I live in Saint John! You could have come by and compared RL's! :D

P.S. St. John's is in Newfoundland...Saint John is in New Brunswick...we always get mixed up. ;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hez said:
I live in Saint John! You could have come by and compared RL's! :D

P.S. St. John's is in Newfoundland...Saint John is in New Brunswick...we always get mixed up. ;)

That would have been difficult- my Ridgeline wouldn't have fit in my Cruiseship's cabin :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
I guess that would be hard, but it would have loved the pampering! ;)

You probably passed right by my sister selling fish prints (Tin Fish gallery) if you went through the big souvenir tent. I think she has a huge merman in her display.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Speaking of seeing Ridgelines... I had taken my (now former) Accord EXV6 Coupe in for service to replace the seat track, and it turned out they had to keep it overnight. Since I used to work at the dealership, the General Manager is kind of a friend of mine, and he let me take his Ridgeline demo overnight as a loaner. The funny thing is, I hardly EVER see any other Ridgelines on the road where I live, and while I had his demo, I saw TWO Ridgelines within a 3 hour period. I guess it was a sign that I needed to buy one, which I ended up doing the next day... LOL

Fate is a funny thing ya know...

·
Registered
534 Posts
See the tallest building on the right in the Saint John pic? Mr. Hez's office is the third or fourth down, corner bump in the middle of the building. He can peer down into the cruise ships as they ae docked. Everybody wave! The church spire to the far right is beside the hospital where I work.

As you were sailing in or out, did you notice the island at the entrance to the harbour? To its left are a line of beaches and we - Mr. Hez, the RL, assorted sons and I - live overlooking the beaches. We spy on the cruise ships coming in every morning!

Great pictures! Peggy's Cove is amazing, isn't it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts