Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although nothing new (by now) I installed my black letters today, and thanks to MarkinMD's tip on Goo Gone, and the sun rising, they just about fell off. I really was one the fence about putting the Ridgeline back on-it can come off!

black letters (2)_LI.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need to install mine this week... what’s the tip? Want to make sure this is a one and done...
After you mark you letters with painters tape as in the instructions. Use a little Goo Gone on the letters and wait a few minutes. Full sun or a hair dryer will help warm the letters up enough where they come off really easy. I did use the fishing line like Honda mentioned. Now for a very handy tip IF you put the "Ridgeline" letters on you bed. Follow directions, and when you put the guide back on the new letters, use some painters tape on the top side to hold them in lace BEFORE you remove the sticky tape backing.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport (ETA TBD...)
73 Posts
Although nothing new (by now) I installed my black letters today, and thanks to MarkinMD's tip on Goo Gone, and the sun rising, they just about fell off. I really was one the fence about putting the Ridgeline back on-it can come off!

View attachment 414131
looks nice and clean- I think I will leave the ridgeline off and just have the black H. Black looks better than chrome IMO.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Those letters look great on that color, a subtle tweak that makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks nice and clean- I think I will leave the ridgeline off and just have the black H. Black looks better than chrome IMO.
I agree with you, they ARE easy to remove, I'm still deciding if I like them.(the ridgeline letters)

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport (ETA TBD...)
73 Posts
I agree with you, they ARE easy to remove, I'm still deciding if I like them.(the ridgeline letters)
initially I was like “I’ll get all the badges in black including the sport!” But then I thought about how clean my civics looked years ago with just the H. Not everyone’s taste though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts