Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two years ago I traded my '08 RTL/NAV for a 2012 Buick enclave, because....well, I haven't figured that out yet. I missed my Ridgeline very shortly after I traded it. The Buick was a really great car, the Premium model with every option available ( I forgot about the trailer hitch ). I sure missed that truck....until yesterday morning when I was just checking out some local dealerships and saw it....a 2013 RTL/NAV with 26K on the odometer. Practically new, and not a scratch or any signs of wear anywhere...a real beauty.Went for a test drive, and yup, it drove every bit as good as my '08. To make a long story short, the Ridgeling is parked in my garage and I once again have another of what I considered to be the best vehicle I ever owned. I have no reason to believe that the '13 will be any less a vehicle as the '08. At $31.3K, a little steep perhaps, but it looks and drives flawlessly...I think I made a great deal.
No tonneau cover, that will be my first add. I had the Access cover on the '08 and was happy with it and will entertain suggestions and recommendations for a different cover. :act030:

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome back! I've still got my 08 RTL, has 47,000 miles and is as good as it ever was. I expect I'll keep it forever. Glad to see used prices holding up.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I loved my '08 RTL. It had about 45K on the clock when this dumbass traded it. Hoping the '13 RTL will treat me as well as the '08 did. I just added the Access cover, just like before. I found it to be very useful and it doesn't take up a lot of room when it's rolled up.....unlike some of the hard folding covers that eat up about a foot of the bed when open.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so now I need to get either the running board or the side step whatever they call it. What is your experience with either of these. I generally prefer OEM but would consider other recommendations.

·
Registered
579 Posts
OK, so now I need to get either the running board or the side step whatever they call it. What is your experience with either of these. I generally prefer OEM but would consider other recommendations.
RSylvestre, no owner experience yet, but I test drove a RL that had the Romik Running Board Style Side Steps and I really liked them.
They give a nerf bar look with running board function which also gives added protection IMHO, form & function if you will.
They were polished but also come in black. Check them out....
Burtmanindustries link

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,074 Posts
I had tube steps for many years. They were chromed ones from Westin. They began rusting terribly and it was a constant battle to keep them clean. Also, they didn't provide all that much "splash protection" for the bottoms of the doors and rocker panels. This spring, I was able to buy a set of black aluminum/plastic running boards (also made by Westin) which completely seal to the rockers. They provide a much larger step area and are way easier to keep clean than the tube steps. You can find them as well as the mounting kit on Ebay brand new with free shipping for under $400. Check them out here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westin-27-6...ash=item35f6665657:g:GvMAAOSwgyxWWWU7&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westin-27-1...ash=item3d0824b016:g:Q1wAAOSw~bFWO8hY&vxp=mtr

Very easy to install and I highly recommend them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts