Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I've been registered since August of last year, this is my first post. I purchased the 2021 RTL last September after trading in my 2009 Ridgeline RTL. I'm currently at 5k miles and last weekend I had an unexplained incident while driving. I was driving back home through the canyon with the moonroof fully open and the back slider open probably half way. In an instant and without explanation the glass in the power slider exploded sending the glass into the back seating area (thank god I didn't have passengers seated there). I pulled over and inspected the truck, not finding any indications that anything had hit my truck, the windows, there was nothing indicated something had struck the vehicle or the glass. There was no glass in the truck bed, just in the cab.

Once I got home and vacuumed up what glass I could, I contacted Honda, who indicated that this was a non-warranty issue. I contacted my insurance carrier and they set me up with a national glass company. Subsequently I've spoken to a couple of technicians at this glass company. They state the with the 1G, it required the removal of most of the bed. The unfortunate news is that they have no repair instructions on how to replace the glass in the 2G. This makes me nervous.

So, I am asking if anyone may have a link or resources that details how to replace this glass so that I can share it with them when I'm scheduled to have the glass replaced later this week. I did find some instructions on the forums here for removing the back seat for a back up sensor install. But are there instructions specific to replacing just the slider glass or even the entire back window? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
22,394 Posts
Reminds me of when mine exploded on my 1G. Fortunately, this is a rare occurrence.

Sounds like you need to find a more competent glass company. :)

No part of the bed has to be removed on either the 1G or 2G to replace the sliding rear window.

Replacement of the center glass requires removal of the rear seats and trim.

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MtMan. Thank you! My appointment with Safelite is two days from now so this is perfect timing. I will print off what you've provided and give it to them to follow. Hopefully they do.

I also read the thread posted by olsonives, "2017 Ridgeline sliding rear window won't open/close after window replacement." I hope that the techs do the job right and I don't end up having the regulator issues that he had.

It's great to have the resources and the people here on ROC, willing to share information and solutions. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts