Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read the threads about the pulleys, but they seem to be talking about the seats not lowering once they are raised. My release lever does nothing and I feel no resistance as if there is a "broken cable" or whatever mechanism releases the lock to raise the seat. Ideas? Or is detailed AWESOME post with pictures regarding replacing the plastic pulleys the fix for this as well?

Still chasing down the roaring "highway sound" that sounds like bearing noise (but isn't). And what ARE CV's????

New to Ridgelines and this forum is absolutely awesome for a novice like me!! Many thanks for sharing the knowledge!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,409 Posts
Yes, I think I'd start with the Seat Pulley's thread and at least dissemble a seat, I'm betting once the plastic pulley is broken the cable has no tension?

CV's are "Constant Velocity" Joints and the Ridgeline has one at all 4 wheels, they have a "CV Boot" and it has lube contained in it, if there cut, torn, ripped, the lube comes out and then they can make a "clicking noise". Sounds like when as a kid you put playing cards on your front bicycle fork sticking into the wheel to make noise?

·
Registered
197 Posts
So let me see if I understand, your seat is down and when you pull the lever you have no resistance...is this correct? If "yes" try this first

I would be willing to bet two things. First, not a broken pulley. And second you can fix it in about 5 minutes or less.

The problem sounds like the release cable popped out of the handle. The release handle resides within a plastic section. This 2-piece plastic cover along the door side of the seat bottom snaps apart after the removal of one screw which is located on the inside half. By removing the outer half of the cover, you should be able to see the cable end and the hole that the cable fits into on the handle. The fix requires nothing more than using a screwdriver or a ballpoint pen to guide the cable end piece back into the handle hole.

There is no need to remove the seat at all.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
So let me see if I understand, your seat is down and when you pull the lever you have no resistance...is this correct? If "yes" try this first

I would be willing to bet two things. First, not a broken pulley. And second you can fix it in about 5 minutes or less.

The problem sounds like the release cable popped out of the handle. The release handle resides within a plastic section. This 2-piece plastic cover along the door side of the seat bottom snaps apart after the removal of one screw which is located on the inside half. By removing the outer half of the cover, you should be able to see the cable end and the hole that the cable fits into on the handle. The fix requires nothing more than using a screwdriver or a ballpoint pen to guide the cable end piece back into the handle hole.

Yup I agree. Happened to mine a while back

·
Registered
197 Posts

I cannot take credit for this; it is a direct quote from you "Elkhunter" when I asked this same question a few months ago. You were right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts