Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have owned or driven a Pilot, how does the comfort and room of the Ridgeline compare? Thanks

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
carolinaridgeline said:
For those of you who have owned or driven a Pilot, how does the comfort and room of the Ridgeline compare? Thanks
We own a 2003 Pilot and a 2006 Ridgeline. They are two different vehicles, designed for different purposes, so comparing them head-to-head is difficult. They are both roomy and comfortable.

The Pilot was designed as a people mover. It has 8 passenger seating and it will carry 8 with some gear for a few hours in relative comfort. With the third row seat folded down, it will carry my family of four and enough stuff for all of us on a vacation trip without squeezing anyone or loading the vehicle unsafely. The RES system is a godsend if you have kids. My backseat passengers really like the separate HVAC controls and headset volume controls (which the frontseat passengers appreciate at least as much :) ).

The Ridgeline is a truck with a small but spacious bed and five passenger seating. Three in the back is tight but two is comfortable. The bed size is deceiving as it is a full 49" wide, and because of the high sail panels, it is also deep. The trunk adds a lot of space as well. As a homeowner that does a lot of work himself, I need a truck for hauling stuff around, and the Ridge is perfect for that. The bed scratches easily but what do I care, it's a truck. I went with the Ridgeline over the Tacoma because it was a lot bigger inside, and I don't need serious offroad capability. Both are great trucks.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Just one more point: while the space in the backseat of the RL is comparable to the Pilot, the fold-up seats, while functional, are not meant to be super comfortable over the long haul. They are basically a slab with a little cushioning. For my purposes, this is fine since I love the ability to fold the seat bottoms up for more protected storage. Very neat idea by Honda but don't expect a lot of comfort for back seat passengers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
carolinaridgeline said:
Hey Carolina,
My wife sent me and my teenage son (6'2", 275) to the dealers to find out which vehicles that he could fit in the backseat behind me as a driver. He told me that the best rear seating for him was the Ridgeline and the Odyssey. My son felt that the Pilot was too small for him, but he could've told me that only because he loved the Ridgeline and wanted to sway his mom's decision towards it. I hope this helps. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts