Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Honda and fellow Ridgeline owners,

I really like my Honda Ridgeline. It's a 2011 that I bought used. I am the second owner. I really like the fold up back seats--they are up most of the time to make room for my pair of 4 legged friends. They know how to put the rear windows down so they can lean out. I also am thrilled with the locking trunk in the bed--so much storage!! I put an aftermarket lock on the tailgate and a BakFlip cover for the bed. That's 2 locks to get in the trunk!! That is a good thing as it will slow down the dirt-bags.

But as with everything there has to be a downside. The backup lights must be for decoration and do not come close to helping me see while backing up. You have the fancy fog lights, how about an option for the back end?

Thanks for listening,

JFCisme

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
Quite a few people have changed out the bulbs and haven't seen much of an improvement, even with Led"s. Adding a reverse light may be you best bet or try one of these....

http://www.whitenight.com/

· Registered
791 Posts
I was going to say mine work great, but that's because from 2009 and up they are all red while before 2009 they had clear lenses. You can add after market lights or switch housings to the ones before 2009

· Registered
4,180 Posts
I changed mine out for LEDs and saw minimal improvement. They're just too high off the ground, I think.

Edit:
I had a look on Diode Dynamics (a ROC sponsor) and doesn't look like they have the backup LED assemblies that could be surface-mounted on the bumper -- lower down and brighter.

Chip H.

· Registered
3,839 Posts
Backup lights are mostly there to tell other drivers of you intention to go backwards - like the turn signals of your intent to turn.

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
I changed mine out for LEDs and saw minimal improvement. They're just too high off the ground, I think.

Edit:
I had a look on Diode Dynamics (a ROC sponsor) and doesn't look like they have the backup LED assemblies that could be surface-mounted on the bumper -- lower down and brighter.

Chip H.
I wonder how a pair of XP50 (410 lumens) would work replacing the original bulbs?

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...eline&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=backupled

Somewhere on their site they show images of the various LEDs light output in comparison to the OEM bulbs but I didn't find it on a quick glance at the site.

· Registered
3,082 Posts
I've had one of these for years, it just plugs into the 7-pin trailer outlet.

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
That backup light is pretty clever. But I'm not gonna give up my 7 pin outlet for the light in place of my wireless backup sensors that are also powered by the 7 pin connector. I need more power outlets!

· Registered
498 Posts
I upgraded mine to led (don't remember what kind) and the result is impressive. They're high quality and most likely that's the difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.