Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any success with aftermarket hitch lights or other lights to brighten up reverse?
New tail light bulbs haven't solved the issue.
If not using the camera it's hard to see out the rear/side view mirrors when going in reverse.

Maybe it's just old age....

Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
Might try the Putco tailgate light bar. It has a white light mode in reverse.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Anybody have any success with aftermarket hitch lights or other lights to brighten up reverse?
New tail light bulbs haven't solved the issue.
If not using the camera it's hard to see out the rear/side view mirrors when going in reverse.

Maybe it's just old age....

Thanks
FWIW- replace the backup light (filament bulb) with an LED bulb - less than $10 per set and much cheaper and faster solution that adding an LED Light strip. I did this and now my backup light is 3x brighter. BTW - I also have an LED light strip under the tailgate. Replacing the factory bulb was a better solution for me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
FWIW- replace the backup light (filament bulb) with an LED bulb - less than $10 per set and much cheaper and faster solution that adding an LED Light strip. I did this and now my backup light is 3x brighter. BTW - I also have an LED light strip under the tailgate. Replacing the factory bulb was a better solution for me.
I just ordered a set. $6.99.

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
215 Posts
I used these on my G1. Work quite well.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver
126 Posts
That link shows a dual element light, also saying do not use for back up. This works for a back up light?

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
215 Posts
Geeze, those SuperBright's are $15.00 (US) each.

Nevermind I see the Amazon (which I think are the same) are only $13.00 each.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks. Nice $7 mod. Works great

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, I bought these (see the post in front of this) back early January and never got around to it, figured meh how much better can it be, well I’ll tell you a TON better, I can’t believe the difference.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts