Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a Steel Blue RTL and was wondering if the back-up sensors matched the car's paint or if they were standard black?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Fanatic,

Based on pictures on the Accessories page, they are black, also it does not ask what color if you add to basket.

honda fanatic said:
I am going to get a Steel Blue RTL and was wondering if the back-up sensors matched the car's paint or if they were standard black?

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I wonder why body-colored sensors are not an option? I know my '05 Ody has body colored front and rear parking sensors.

I guess just another cost shaving on Honda's part.

I'm still getting them anyway.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
My dealer will complete the install of the back up sensors this afternoon. I think the black sensors will compliment the Silver color. I'll keep you posted. BTW Zero, are you installing them or is the dealer?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I looked at the installation instructions for these and am frankly astonished by how much work/disassembly is involved. Bongus how long will your dealer take to put these in? What a big job.

Having not bought a new car myself for a decade or so (!) I wonder who here knows about these things. How well do they work? What "range" do they intend to sense? Are there any sensitivity adjustments involved?

Seem like a good thing to have to me, especially given the relatively poor visibility to the rear w/the Ridge, provided of course they work well. I wonder, apart from avoiding backing-into posts & such, will these sensors detect kids' toys (e.g. a tricycle)? Someone here pls bring me into the 21st century!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
laserfan said:
I looked at the installation instructions for these and am frankly astonished by how much work/disassembly is involved. Bongus how long will your dealer take to put these in? What a big job.
Having not bought a new car myself for a decade or so (!) I wonder who here knows about these things. How well do they work? What "range" do they intend to sense? Are there any sensitivity adjustments involved?
Seem like a good thing to have to me, especially given the relatively poor visibility to the rear w/the Ridge, provided of course they work well. I wonder, apart from avoiding backing-into posts & such, will these sensors detect kids' toys (e.g. a tricycle)? Someone here pls bring me into the 21st century!
They work very well on my '05 Ody, no adjustments, they just work. Small objects like poles it might not catch as the signal is deflected rather than being bounced back and detected. For large objects like humans, cars, walls... it works fine. It starts off with a beeping tone that beeps faster and faster the closer you get and finally goes to a solid tone when you're roughly a foot away from the object.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'd also say the back up sensors have to be the hardest ones to install of all the offered accecories. I read somewhere some guy had the dealer install the backup camera and it took them 7 hours to do. The camera has half the steps as the sensors do, sheesh. If I can't get my cheap ass Chinese sensors to work I think I'll just have the dealer install the camera and call it good. That guy also said the camera didn't look as bad in real life where in the pics it sticks out like a sore thumb. More I think about it I'm going to get the camera anyway. Seems I'm always having to hitch up my boat by myself and that camera should sure help out there.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
So far I am very happy with the back up sensors. As Vertrkr said, the tone gets faster and faster the closer you get to the object and remains constant when you are a foot away from the object. All of the distances are described in the manual that comes with the sensors. The other day I parked my truck on my driveway (not a severe slope on the driveway). I left it there for about 30 minutes...usually my truck is in the garage. When I returned and reversed the car, the sensors started beeping...I stopped put it in park walked out of the car and looked to see if anything was behind me...nothing there. I went back in the truck and put it in reverse...beeping again. I went ahead and reversed completely until I reached the street level and put it in park. I then went back to reverse and no beeping...I guess the sensors were detecting the slope of my driveway...the manual states that this scenerio is possible but I thought the slope had to be pretty severe...I guess I was wrong. It took my dealer a day and a half to complete the install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts