Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Honda installed back up sensor. Is there a way to turn the volume down? I know there is not a volume control switch but I was thinking if the sound source is accessable I could place some tape over the thing and deaden the sound. Where does the beep come from? Can I get to it? Thanks all.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't have the backup sensors, but I did look at the installation sheet and it shows the buzzer next to the gas pedal. You'll have to remove the Driver's Console Side Trim to get to it. The instruction sheet should help you out.

BTW, welcome to the club!! If you haven't posted your zip code on the following thread already, do so and I'll add you to the ROC Stars Map. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the Honda OEM setup, here are actually 2 speakers, 1 for the 2 center sensors and 1 for the corners. The speakers are enclosed in a small round plastic speaker housing with a hole about 1/4" in diameter in the center. Cover the holes with tape, small piece so that it covers the hole, if the sound level is too low, carefully poke a small hole in the tape, the bigger the hole, the louder the buzzer.
Cheers!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
The first time I put my truck in reverse after getting the sensors installed I jumoed about a mile. That beep is definitely noticeable.

I have gotten used to it, though.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
poppakristof said:
On the Honda OEM setup, here are actually 2 speakers, 1 for the 2 center sensors and 1 for the corners. The speakers are enclosed in a small round plastic speaker housing with a hole about 1/4" in diameter in the center. Cover the holes with tape, small piece so that it covers the hole, if the sound level is too low, carefully poke a small hole in the tape, the bigger the hole, the louder the buzzer.
Cheers!
What a smart idea and an easy fix. Thanks for posting that suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts