Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have issues with rails not staying straight closer to the tailgate?

I recently purchased a Backflip G2 for my 2013 Ridgeline. Install when smooth. The issue appears to be that near the tailgate since there isn't a bolt hold used for a tie down Backflip uses a screw into the bedliner. Because of this the rails flex a bit which causes the top not to clip into the rail. The installer tried to solve this with a pair of metal shims but they don't stay put all that well. I am concerned that if I have the cover open (tied down of course) that a shim could come loose and hit someone behind me.

Has anyone had this issue and how did you solve it?
Any adhesive you would recommend to hold the shim in place?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed one on my 13 about 6 months ago went on in 30 minutes no issues and no shimes. I would have bak flip send u another one. Something has to be wrong with it in manufacturing neonridge

·
Banned
2,024 Posts
Anyone have issues with rails not staying straight closer to the tailgate?

I recently purchased a Backflip G2 for my 2013 Ridgeline. Install when smooth. The issue appears to be that near the tailgate since there isn't a bolt hold used for a tie down Backflip uses a screw into the bedliner. Because of this the rails flex a bit which causes the top not to clip into the rail. The installer tried to solve this with a pair of metal shims but they don't stay put all that well. I am concerned that if I have the cover open (tied down of course) that a shim could come loose and hit someone behind me.

Has anyone had this issue and how did you solve it?
Any adhesive you would recommend to hold the shim in place?
Are you still having issues with this? I'm a dealer for Backflip and like helping out when I can. We are also a vendor on here if you need anything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts