Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up a used 2017 RTL-T, and I have to agree that the backup camera is bad... like so bad, there must be something wrong with mine. The image is so blurry that I can see shapes of objects but no detail whatsoever. I will try to post a pic later today.

I previously owned a 2015 Accord, with I assume the same camera, and it was great. I have a 2019 Accord now and that camera is also great.

Can I buy a new camera (just the camera) and easily swap it out?

BTW, loving the Ridgeline so far.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just picked up a used 2017 RTL-T, and I have to agree that the backup camera is bad... like so bad, there must be something wrong with mine. The image is so blurry that I can see shapes of objects but no detail whatsoever. I will try to post a pic later today.

I previously owned a 2015 Accord, with I assume the same camera, and it was great. I have a 2019 Accord now and that camera is also great.

Can I buy a new camera (just the camera) and easily swap it out?

BTW, loving the Ridgeline so far.
My Black Edition has an equally crappy camera. It basically matches the quality of my 2013 Accord Sport. It's usable........but pretty disappointing.

As much as I'd love to do a swap as well, something tells me it's not gonna happen unless it's a 3rd party cam w/ a 3rd party radio.

Another not-so-fun fact -- the 8in radio still has a resolution of either 800x600 or 800x480 -- the same as 2013-era phones. It seems that Nissan, Subaru, Chevy and Mazda like to actually implement modern tech UI/UX into their vehicles while Toyota and Honda have to be dragged by the teeth to get it done.

It's going to be interesting seeing what tech changes happen on the mid-gen refresh soon. The 8in head unit still runs Android KitKat (4.1) and has quite a few slowdowns -- heck it cant even handle rapid volume presses from the steering wheel.

Not too long ago someone took a 2016 Accord radio (w/ AA + CP) and swapped it into a 2014 (non-AA/CP) and it worked almost perfectly. I'll be curious to see how this kind of effort pans out with whatever new radio Honda uses, and what cam upgrades they might do.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts