Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 RTL w/ many upgrades, towing a 21ft coachmen clipper full time
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here! Have had my 2010 RTL for about 6 years, I’m in love with it. Recently, I added a high-mounted backup camera to my Pioneer head unit, and I’ve gotten it to work partially; I can enter camera view through its app, but I can’t get a good reverse signal. I’ve tried the “back-up” fuse on the driver kick panel with an add-a-circuit, and I even tried running a wire all the way to what I thought was the reverse wire for the trailer harness, the blue wire. Also tried the freeeen and black wire. Neither worked. The one thing I haven’t tried is tapping into the reverse light bulb power. Has anyone wired a backup cam themselves? I reaaaally like doing things myself, but if I have to take it to a shop, I will.... thanks guys!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I tapped into the drivers side reverse light. One of those cheap crimp T taps and some shrink wrap has it working reliably for several years now.
Originally I had a license plate mount camera, but it gave up the ghost. I bought another recessed mount camera and put it into the bumper cover next to the plate. All continues to work on that camera for 2-3 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts