Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ridgeline rtl with navigation and I was wondering if a backup camera could be installed using the screen of my navigation system

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
566 Posts
I have a 2006 ridgeline rtl with navigation and I was wondering if a backup camera could be installed using the screen of my navigation system
You’ve posted this in the 2G section, (2017+). We do have several participants here that own or formerly owned a G1, but you will probably get better responses and more information if you post this in the G1 section. Perhaps a mod can move it?

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,763 Posts
It would be easier to incorporate it for sure, but the trouble is finding the OEM backup camera and its related harness. Salvage yard is your best bet.
You can, if you are or someone else on this forum, is electronics savvy to go all MacGyver on it.

Other route is to use an aftermarket unit that utilizes the rear-view mirror as a display.

@Carsmak , can you move this thread to the appropriate section please?

·
Administrator
14,980 Posts
Yes.

Honda sells a backup camera accessory and attachment kit for 2006-2008 Ridgelines with navigation.

REARVIEW CAMERA (part number:08A57-SJC-100)
Retail price: $340.70

REAR VIEW CAMERA ATT. (part number:08B21-SJC-102)
Retail price: $168.85

A lot of disassembly is required.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,378 Posts
Yes.

Honda sells a backup camera accessory and attachment kit for 2006-2008 Ridgelines with navigation.

REARVIEW CAMERA (part number:08A57-SJC-100)
Retail price: $340.70

REAR VIEW CAMERA ATT. (part number:08B21-SJC-102)
Retail price: $168.85

A lot of disassembly is required.
In addition to the OEM accessory backup camera for the 2006-2008 RTL with navigation, some have purchased the 2009-2014 integrated tailgate handle with backup camera housing for a much cleaner look--the way the OEM accessory backup camera attached to the tailgate is off-putting to some. However, the actual camera that comes in the OEM accessory kit is slightly different than the 2009-2014 factory camera, so keep that in mind if you go down this road. Here is a thread where ROC member NYStyle did this very thing and made it all work; granted NYStyle already had the wiring in place from a previous owner that installed the OEM accessory but it should give you some additional insight that should help you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts