Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Ridgeline does not have an audio beep as you get closer to an object. Is there an aftermarket audio available anywhere?

·
Registered
214 Posts
The backup camera does does not detect distance or proximity, so you would need to add the complete parking sensor kit available HERE.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Is this kit plug and play? Or a bunch of cheesy afterthought wiring and a switch that looks like an afterthought?

I'm definitely interested but it has to look factory everywhere or it's just not worth it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is this kit plug and play? Or a bunch of cheesy afterthought wiring and a switch that looks like an afterthought?

I'm definitely interested but it has to look factory everywhere or it's just not worth it.
+1!

I didn't even know this was an option, but it would be nice to have.

However, is it even necessary if you have a rear-view camera?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well Honda doesn't really do anyone any favors for the instillation easy on many of their accessories that need electrical connections. I myself can install any of the accessories that Honda offers, but today I just don't want to do it anymore, I think its ridiculous to have to take so many panels apart just to run wires from one end of the vehicle to the other to get you accessory to work.

trainman

·
Registered
741 Posts
Actually....those instructions are some of the best I have seen for any installation. I might actually do it!
Hey, let me know how that works out for you! I'm in NOVA, too and to be honest, the backup sensors are the one thing I can't believe they don't include w/ the backup camera. This is the first car I've owned w/ a camera that didn't have the sensors. It has made getting to know my dimensions that much harder because I still haven't figured out just how far away the dashed lines are. (I know I could read the manual, but that's just boring. LOL!)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey, let me know how that works out for you! I'm in NOVA, too and to be honest, the backup sensors are the one thing I can't believe they don't include w/ the backup camera. This is the first car I've owned w/ a camera that didn't have the sensors. It has made getting to know my dimensions that much harder because I still haven't figured out just how far away the dashed lines are. (I know I could read the manual, but that's just boring. LOL!)
Not going to do it anytime soon. Will be using the money for a nice set of HID bulbs from Xenon Depot. However, we should meet up to help each other out though! Ill send you a PM.

·
Registered
60 Posts
When you hear the tinkle of glass---you have gone too far !

·
Registered
741 Posts
Not going to do it anytime soon. Will be using the money for a nice set of HID bulbs from Xenon Depot. However, we should meet up to help each other out though! Ill send you a PM.
Cool. What lights are you looking at from XD? Sounds like a plan.... I replied to your PM.

When you hear the tinkle of glass---you have gone too far !
Yeah... that's not an option. LOL! I like my cars too much. ;-)

·
Registered
928 Posts
I agree with dingmah.

Now if this kit included rear cross traffic sensors I would have been all over it. Then it would have been worth tearing damn near half the interior out of a brand new truck.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
"You only get a backup camera system with a color screen, no audibles Payton Manning"

In Napoleon Dynamite KIP voice "Dangit"

·
Registered
46 Posts
By 2018 the NHTSA has mandated all cars under 10000 lbs to have backup cameras. As of last year (I think) Honda was proud to say that all of its models include the cameras. It's not so much of an option anymore as a soon-to-be required safety feature. I have the sensors on my RTL-E. Seems they're more sensitive than my wife's Toyota Sienna. I have to get very close to the wall on the passenger side of my vehicle when I back into my garage. They are at a steady squeal when I'm where I need to be. The tilting mirror helps more in that case. In parking lots, they can fail to detect a single post, and the camera helps there. They're a feature I don't completely trust. But, I like having them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts