Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering? is there an off switch to the back up sensor?
Licoln Navi has an off switch to the backup sensor if the driver may want to not use the back up sensor. Is there an off switch to the back up sensor on the RL?
if it doesn't have one, can one be installed as an option to the empty slots on the mid dash slots??

·
Registered
119 Posts
yes, the RL back up sensors have an on/off switch. But i havent turned mine off yet. I always want to know if something that I can't see is back there.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Here is a picture of the on/off switch. It is the circular button to the right of the steering column.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx zero,
for the pic, just wondering about it the other night when i was riding in my bro's Navigator and other bro's Escalade and noticed the off switch to the back up sensor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The switch also turns off the audible alarm that beeps in the cab (very loudly) when the vehicle is put in reverse. That alarm is the only way to know if the backup sensors are on or off.

Diverace

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
You are right about the alarm inside the vehicle. Man is it ever loud!

·
Registered
119 Posts
zero said:
You are right about the alarm inside the vehicle. Man is it ever loud!
I don't mind the loud backup sensor alarm. It reminds me every day how quiet my truck is when I shift it into drive!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there a way you or the dealer can put a volume to turn it down a notch? or put a tap or something on the piezzo/beeper to turn down the beeping. Loud enough to hear over the stereo, and low enough so you don't hear beeping sound after you put your RL on reverse.

·
Registered
635 Posts
You could do what many BIG PICKUP TRUCK guys do. Just put on the biggest narliest hitch on thar and leave the damb thing on thar. Then ya don't need no darn wiz bag electric gizmo to tell ya when your close, ya just listen for the crunching metal behind ya.

And gosh it feels swell when you walk into one of these at night and smash your shin or knee. I find that I can talk in tounges when this occures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts