·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Nice work, looks sharp!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am, its a work in progress right now. I have the lights and the bull bar (not installed yet) and the roof rack is a one of a kind built for a SEMA truck, im picking that up on the 4/10 in OC.

Here is a pic of the truck right now:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Can't wait to see more pics or your progress. I'm waiting to see how you will figure out the wheel tire size and fitment to match your drawing. Also waiting to see how you manage with your head lights. I like the rivet style screws on the bug deflector.

J

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Can't wait to see more pics or your progress. I'm waiting to see how you will figure out the wheel tire size and fitment to match your drawing. Also waiting to see how you manage with your head lights. I like the rivet style screws on the bug deflector.

J
Jones,

The headlights are done by these guys

The wheels are the xd's and its a 2" lift. For purposes of badassery, I probably made the tires a bit larger than what I can fit without cutting/rolling and general pain in the ass issues - but with the lift and tires that I have now, its pretty damn close.

Thanks for checking it out though - I love that other people get excited about this stuff too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is going to be the best RL built yet. (Besides the Baja RL). I love the head lights, but I can't see myself spending $1000 on them. I can't wait to see the end product!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Wish I could draw like that! :act035:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What kind of tires are you going with?
I havent settled on wheels or tires just yet, the renddring is just a guide for what I want the overall bukld to feel like. right now the stock wheels are powdercoated black and it has a 2" lift.

·
Registered
84 Posts
God that looks awesome! With all LEDs and HIDs as finishing touches I hope! Build me one to drive up the mountain where I work and back down. That's As close to offloading I'll get. 2 feet of snow up a mountain road, gravel and paved!
I still need one of these though!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are a few pics of where the truck build is as of this weekend. I took it out on the trails near saguaro lake AZ and we found the hidden 4x4 beach on the back side of the lake. It was a beautiful day and there was only one section of trail that I was not able to climb because of a 3' wide trench that had opened at the top.

Overall, I am really impressed with the trucks handling, especially in the loose sand, never even felt like it was going to get stuck.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Those drawings are really awesome !:act035:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts