Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright boys and girls show us your toys.
I've been on this forum for a little and I want to see all your bad ass ridges. I'm talking lift kits (with a z cuse they so bad)
I'm talking bull bars and brush guards. I'm talking roof racks to cat backs.let's see how custom made you made them.
Thanks guys just looking to see what can be done

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
:nerd: you first?:grin:

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
All the badass Ridgelines I have seen always came from Russia............
Yeah, and watching those crazy nutz burying them in the mud on YouTube.

·
Premium Member
4,588 Posts
I would suggest checking out the "G2 Photo Gallery" sub-forum, as well as the lift threads under the "2G Wheels..." sub-forum, and the bull bar / brush guard threads under the "2G Accessories..." sub-forum.

Be aware that the Ridgeline is not as easily-modified as most body-on-frame trucks. Therefore, you aren't going to see many radical versions of the truck. Most Ridgeline owners are pretty level-headed, so their mods will be relatively conservative anyway.

Most of the Ridgeline owners buy the truck because they need a truck, not something to make a fashion statement with; otherwise they would have bought an SUV or a truck that was easy to modify. With BoF, you can easily build a pretty truck or a cool truck, but then you have to live with the trade-offs of BoF.

Check the 2017 SEMA show for some cooler-looking Ridgelines. Or the Pioneered Ridgeline from the 2018 SEMA show.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've always interested in what people came up with, customization wise. But as @longboat mentioned you are not going to find much here.
If you look in Performance / Accessories sub-forum, most you find are tonneau covers and VCM-disabler to mayb Intakes at the far end. I've seen 1 member attempted fitting a BBK which I find fascinating.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,398 Posts
I've always interested in what people came up with, customization wise. But as @longboat mentioned you are not going to find much here.
If you look in Performance / Accessories sub-forum, most you find are tonneau covers and VCM-disabler to mayb Intakes at the far end. I've seen 1 member attempted fitting a BBK which I find fascinating.
BBK is me :)

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,377 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,588 Posts
Does this mean retirement age?
I would bet that the mean age of the typical Ridgeline buyer is probably low- to mid-50s. Of course, there are some 20-somethings out there, as well as a few octogenarians. :wink:

Most of the younger crowd who still believe they are immortal and indestructible will opt for the masochistic and macho Tacoma. Much of the older crowd will opt for a $50-$70k luxury full-size truck. Just my opinion, of course.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've seen the treads on lifts and such just wanted a tread of pride in ownership and custom touches people have done. Small or big. Don't matter just wanted a place for all the new and potential customers to see how cool this truck is. Thanks for the input and the aarp comments. I'm 37 but want the comfort and ride quality of a old man that's over the bumpy ride of most trucks

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
^^^Very nice. Can you tell us a bit more about "shadow chrome" film? What did it cost? Do you have any comments about its durability against chipping on the front "eyebrow" trim? (Lots of road sand and pea gravel gets kicked up by passing vehicles where I live.)

Silver would be my color choice too...and I would need to add a topper, which I think looks much more integrated if the truck's side window chrome is blacked out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine is by no means heavily modified, but I did have all the chrome blacked out with a "shadow chrome" film. Also have a light smoke film on the headlights and a dark smoke on the tail lights.
Nice this is what I'm talking about

·
Registered
74 Posts
^^^Very nice. Can you tell us a bit more about "shadow chrome" film? What did it cost? Do you have any comments about its durability against chipping on the front "eyebrow" trim? (Lots of road sand and pea gravel gets kicked up by passing vehicles where I live.)
See my old post about the film and pricing, specifically Post #16: https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/177-2g-photo-gallery/212216-rtl-e-shadow-chrome-2.html

The film has been very durable except for one little piece. I'll call it the "crotch" on each side of the grill where the two horizontal chrome bars come together. The film began to peel a bit on each side, revealing a tiny bit of chrome. As soon as I noticed it, I cut the frayed end off back where it was still sticking, hoping to relieve the stress point. It hasn't peeled any more since, and you can't notice it unless you're really looking for it. My commute is on rural roads traveled heavily by log and chip trucks, and I don't have any nicks or cracks in the film.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts