Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to put a deposit down on the RTL-E OB and another dealer is claiming it for the "owner". Ugh. Can't wait for Amazon to start selling cars!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Tried to put a deposit down on the RTL-E OB and another dealer is claiming it for the "owner". Ugh. Can't wait for Amazon to start selling cars!
Maybe not a claim but a swap with another dealership for a vehicle they have. When we wanted the 2007 Dark Cherry Pearl RTLNAV. We did everything over phone with salesperson until day of pickup. I told him Dark Cherry Pearl RTLNAV is what we wanted he said he would find it they swapped with 4 other dealerships. He would give them another Ridgeline they had on their lot for what we wanted. He told us the Ridgeline was up near Baltimore and would have about 40 miles on it from the drive to back to their dealership in Washington, DC suburbs and ask was that okay.
So if somebody else has already put down some money and they are doing a swap.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Ditto that... my local dealer had the RL I wanted back in 2005, but the S2000 with RED interior was something he had to do a similar "swap" for. It was driven in from a dealer 140 miles away (Victorville!). I bought them both together & the red S2K interior was the deal maker for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is how I am getting my RTS. I put money down and my dealer located one that another dealer had that was scheduled to be built a week or two later. Hopefully it got built this week.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Ditto that... my local dealer had the RL I wanted back in 2005, but the S2000 with RED interior was something he had to do a similar "swap" for. It was driven in from a dealer 140 miles away (Victorville!). I bought them both together & the red S2K interior was the deal maker for me.
My Brother-In-Law worked for Honda/Acura in SoCal for years. He had a red S2000...I loved driving that car and wish they still made them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got rid of my '99/'00 S2000 just a few years ago... hated to do it, but having a 370Z convertible in the stable, it seemed a bit superfluous to have two drop tops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts