Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh. Today driving 30 miles to the dealership for wiring harness replacement due to TPMS error, brand new, and got the bad USB message when trying to play some music from it. This USB has been working fine and was untouched from previous in vehicle usage. Had another USB, plugged it in and got the same message.
Really starting to get irritated with Honda quality issues. Added the USB issue to the squawk list here at the dealership now.
'17 RTL AWD

· Registered
173 Posts
Ugh. Today driving 30 miles to the dealership for wiring harness replacement due to TPMS error, brand new, and got the bad USB message when trying to play some music from it. This USB has been working fine and was untouched from previous in vehicle usage. Had another USB, plugged it in and got the same message.
Really starting to get irritated with Honda quality issues. Added the USB issue to the squawk list here at the dealership now.
'17 RTL AWD

Couple things to consider with USB issues:

The front USB port will communicate with the console. The sliding door compartment USB also will communicate with the console. So, if you have two devices hooked up at the same time, even to charge, I've seen issues with communications. Something to double check on. Unsure if the rear USB port talks to the console. Ran into this issue over the weekend, I was streaming music on the front, my buddy plugs in his phone to charge in the compartment - instant disconnection and error.

I think there is a reset option in the Android layer underneath all the GUI. I'd be scared to do it but if you are desperate enough - this might be something to look into but swim at your own risk - no lifeguard.

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
The rear USB ports are charge only.

I've never seen this error message and so I'm just taking a shot in the dark. If you are using an Apple mobile device, are you using Apple cables. Because I've seen error messages like that when non-Apple cables are used with Apple products — even cables that are certified by Apple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.