Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ridgeline Owner wannabe - I've been lurking, reading, and learning for a while - this is my first post.

Searching the threads I see some positive comments about Paragon Honda in NYC, but I had a bad experience yesterday I want others to be aware of.

They have been advertising a Black 2008 RTS with low miles for $24K. I called late Friday to confirm the vehicle was still available and set up an appointment for first thing Saturday morning. I reinforced that I would be driving 2 hours to their location and reconfirmed the truck was available. Gave them my phone number to call if anything changed.

Saturday morning I drove 2 hrs into NYC and arrived at the appointed time. The place is empty. I was told the salesmen were all in a "sales meeting". Waited 20 minutes. Sales meeting over and I was greeted by the sales manager, then handed off to a salesman. He took down some basic info and disappeared for 25 minutes to "locate the vehicle". Waited.

Salesman comes back and asks me what time I had called the night before because the truck was sold yesterday. "I'm sorry, but how about I give you a killer deal on a new '09 Ridgeline?" I let him know I'm disappointed with how they handled the situation and not to waste any more of my time. He leaves for another 10 minutes, then comes back and tells me he has an "awesome deal" on an '09 RTS and proceeds to offer me one for $30.8K (no other options).

At that point I was done and left the dealership for my 2 hour drive home. I'm really pissed that they wasted my Saturday morning, not to mention the gas and 200 miles on my current vehicle.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh but the folks at Paragon Honda are either dishonest or incompetent (or both).

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Perhaps I'm being too harsh but the folks at Paragon Honda are either dishonest or incompetent (or both).
Sounds like (or both) is the correct terminology!!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I won't say all, but most dealers will tell you what they have to in order to get you on the lot. Once they have you there, they all think they can sell you anything. So, it doesn't surprise me, they probably didn't even bother to check inventory when you called (and I doubt it was even sold the day before).

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Salesman comes back and asks me what time I had called the night before because the truck was sold yesterday. "I'm sorry, but how about I give you a killer deal on a new '09 Ridgeline?" I let him know I'm disappointed with how they handled the situation and not to waste any more of my time. He leaves for another 10 minutes, then comes back and tells me he has an "awesome deal" on an '09 RTS and proceeds to offer me one for $30.8K (no other options).

At that point I was done and left the dealership for my 2 hour drive home. I'm really pissed that they wasted my Saturday morning, not to mention the gas and 200 miles on my current vehicle.

I can see two causes:
1. The salesman you talked to genuinely didn't know the vehicle had been sold.

2. The sales staff follow the practice of "Get them on the lot, then try and sell them whatever we have, no matter what they asked for."

Without a large history of people's dealings with this dealership, you can't tell. But the fact that the TSX folks have sworn them off is a sign it's #2...

Chip H.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I saw the problem immediately when I read the second paragraph & saw the words "in NYC".

Some dealerships value only the immediate dollar. Other dealerships view any new customer as a potential repeat future customer. It sounds like you had an encounter with one of the first variety.

Reading this reminds me how fortunate I am to have done business with a great dealership... a dozen vehicles over 25 years... In my book, Honda automobiles sell themselves; a Honda dealer exists (or should exist) to develop and maintain relationships that translate into continued sales and goodwill.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Paragon Acura has the same reputation on Acurazine (I'm a current TL owner). Suffice to say if they keep this up much longer I don't think they'll continue to stay in business as there are plenty of other area dealerships that are picking off their customer base.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts