Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
post #8 of this thread andreps posted a link to a ridgeline with this exact bumper custom fabed on it ..

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
post #8 of this thread andreps posted a link to a ridgeline with this exact bumper custom fabed on it ..
No, not exact at all. Similar, but not what I'm looking for.

The baja RL's are exactly what I'm looking for (the earlier model is what I prefer (the DCP) but the current bar looks like the same with the addition of the 'grill guard' portion)...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Still awaiting response from FabTech and Woolworth Motorsports. I'll keep you posted, and if you decide to continue to pursue it, please do the same.
I also contacted Woolworth Motorsports in Las Vegas. That was a week ago, and they haven't responded to me either. I don't know if that is the same one you are talking about. I'll let you know if the get back to me.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
FWIW, I'm going to do a mockup out of PVC or similar to get it just right then find someone to fabricate it for me.

For the record, the only way to do it 'right' is to drill through the front trim as they did on both the baja trucks. I'm thinking a possible benefit is that there could be an option to add a winch to this one, depending on where it's anchored...

·
Registered
157 Posts
No, not exact at all. Similar, but not what I'm looking for.
Sorry i did not mean to imply that its was the exact one you were looking for. only that it was the fabtech one i referenced on post #17 of this thread, and that i had found a picture of it .

i agree with you that a cutting the bumper is necessary for proper fitment for any prerunner style bumper .

and i would love to have a winch option for my truck . if your going to have one custom made i would look at a company called curt manufacturing(not to make it but for ideas). they make a front 2 inch receiver hitch for our trucks , in the installation direction for this hitch it shows the mounting points they used for there front hitch. if you take the specs they post for the hitch and used the same mounting posts they choose that would be a good starting point to design your own winch basket/ prerunner bumper
http://www.curtmfg.com/

http://sitepro12.sitepro.com/masterlibrary/33328/installsheet/CM_33328_INS.pdf

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
FWIW, I'm going to do a mockup out of PVC or similar to get it just right then find someone to fabricate it for me.

For the record, the only way to do it 'right' is to drill through the front trim as they did on both the baja trucks. I'm thinking a possible benefit is that there could be an option to add a winch to this one, depending on where it's anchored...
Don't forget the templates lol!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
so whats going on with this project?

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Meh, got cold enough I lost interest until it's warmed up, now every weekend I have projects I didn't do while it was cold. Ugh.

Anyway, it's on my shortlist to get this mockup done in the next few weeks then go from there...

·
Registered
263 Posts
I gave up and bought a steelcraft until enough home projects are done so that I can fab my own too. Go figure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster...

I'll be purchasing a used RL before the end of the year. The determining factor is which one can I get the right deal on.

I'm planning out my upgrade list. Early planning usually works best for me. Anyway...

My intention is to install the Curt Front Hitch Receiver and use that as the starting point for my Baja light bar.

I would weld a pair of support arms to the flat plate at the furthest ends of the hitch and build up from there.

I already own a receiver mountable winch and would be installing a front receiver regardless.

Any thoughts?

ETA: I know this is an old abandoned thread, but I thought breathing new life into it was better than starting over.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
. Ouch!!!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
1100!?! is going to spit on it? or at least take me out to diner cause I like to wined and dined before I get F***ed

·
Registered
29 Posts
For a custom made basically one off, I really don't think that's a bad deal.
At that price I could buy the materials and equipment to build one myself. I know because I already have most of it.

The RL I bought came with a guard on it, otherwise I would be building my own. I would prefer a Baja look, but it's not worth the added expense and effort at this point.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
G mac. maybe half of that would be a good deal and if it was a bolt on where he can ship to me...not have my truck for 2 days. maybe because I didnt like the look of it all that much as well, the 1100 seems way too much

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
my cousin is considering opening up a jeep shop. well more like off road fabrication shop.
going to have him build me a baja bar and who knows what else when we get bored. cant wait

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, but there was a member who made his own. I cannot find the thread though.
Here ya go.. unfortunately it was an exclusive-type deal, but glad he was able to get what he needed!!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts