Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Bama Boys?

20K views 57 replies 37 participants last post by  S2005 
#1 ·
OK gang, this thread hasn't had any posts in over a month so I thought I would attempt to get things moving. Any folks from the Great state of Alabama got Ridgelines?

I'm from Enterprise and have seen several around town. Tell us where you're from and what you drive. My screen name says it all.

#3 ·
cwsatterlee said:
My wife is from Birmingham, and I was stationed at FT. Rucker from 1984 - 1986. I did live in a trailer park outside of the Enterprise gate. We are southerns stuck up north for the time being.
I can vouch for CW’s comment. He truly has the southern accent plus he talks to you like he’s known you for years! CW just thought I’d give you a free plug. I’ve pretty much lost mine living up here in the northeast.

#7 ·
I was born in Anniston and lived in Oxford until I was 8. We moved to Southern California and I have been here ever since. I'm just another displaced Southerner. Man I miss real southern barbeque!

#8 ·
Bama07RTL said:
OK gang, this thread hasn't had any posts in over a month so I thought I would attempt to get things moving. Any folks from the Great state of Alabama got Ridgelines?

I'm from Enterprise and have seen several around town. Tell us where you're from and what you drive. My screen name says it all.
Since I am only 20 miles from the Alabama line and Franklin County, Tennessee was part of Alabama during the Civil War, can I be a "Bama Boy".
I have pictures on the wall of Bear Braynt and the last National Championship team. I could also change my avatar to reflect my Bama heritage, see below:

Attachments

#9 ·
Anyone one can be a BAMA Boy if you live that close to the line. Is the Bunglow still in business? I believe truck stop off of I 65 N, want to think exit 6 going North to Nashville after you cross the AL state line. I have a bunch of friends in Huntsville, AL and we use to hang out there.

#10 ·
cwsatterlee said:
Anyone one can be a BAMA Boy if you live that close to the line. Is the Bunglow still in business? I believe truck stop off of I 65 N, want to think exit 6 going North to Nashville after you cross the AL state line. I have a bunch of friends in Huntsville, AL and we use to hang out there.
Not sure about the Boogie Bungalow, have not heard it mentioned in years. Last add I saw they were featuring a lady that danced with snakes!! Huntsville is a nice town, we do most of our shopping there; Sams, Costco, Publix, etc.

#11 ·
25 Year Honda Owner:

Since you know of the Bunglow you can be a BAMA Boy. I was a recruiter for Advance Auto Parts back in the day. The bunglow was the meeting point for my division mangers from Columbia, TN; Huntsville, AL and even the B'Ham gang.

We enjoyed the all you can drink draft beer specials from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm on Monday and Wednesday. Saw some class acts there.

#14 ·
Just made the purchase 3 days ago.
We are close to Auburn.
Look forward to making a few good friends and learning ALL about the Honda.
The reason we bought is the name Honda,nice looking and the most versatile vehicle on the boulevard .The gas mileage had better straighten up!This Ridgeline belongs to my wife of 15 years.She's got an 07 Black Ridgeline that she uses to pull her Black Rincon on her Black 5.5x10 trailer.

I drive an old Dodge Cummins.

#15 ·
I still trying to find the right deal on my RL but I am just outside huntsville by a few minutes and work there. 25 year honda owner what kind of RT's are left up in your neck of the woods thats not far from the house looking for a white RTX or maybe a green RTS or RTL if I can get a really good deal. Crest honda in Nashville shows alot of 07's still on their site many green but not sure if they actually have them or just leaving them up to get people to stop in??

#21 ·
Just bought an 06 RTL with/navi/sunroof, 25000 miles yesterday. Glad to be a member of this group down in Mobile, AL

#23 ·
Keep an eye on this space, HondaNurse. We had a mini-meet at the Battleship Alabama about a year ago. And it's getting time for another!

#25 ·
Anyone thought about a regional meet and tour of the Honda plant in Lincoln, AL later this summer or early fall? RL's not being made there yet, can see Oddy and Pilots being built!!:cool: No RL's until sometime in early '09. :( Lincoln is centrally located and should be within a couple hundred miles of lots of us. About 150 for me! Bad news is that tours of the Honda plant are on Tuesday or Thursday only.:confused: What do you think?

#26 ·
That sounds great.It might be a little cooler in early fall.As of now count me in.

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
P'cola Ridge

Welcome to the club, it's a really good place to find out about Ridglines and meet owners from all over. I see you are in P'cola, that's my home town. Grew up in Navy Point, graduated Escambia High class of 71. I still have family and friend there. When I get down that way next I'll look you up!

Living in Northern Virginia area now after retiring from the Air Force.

Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.