Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this banging noise that I can't find a resolution to. I have searched online and can't find any similar noises and my dealer can't seem to figure it out. It does it sporadically when braking but will do it when going down hill even when im not on the brakes. Here is a recording of it i took today. Sounds like driveline binding, but i have had that axle replaced earlier this year, what do you think it could be? It's driving me crazy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1hnhikpuiyskjl/new recording.m4a?dl=0

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,877 Posts
I think you'll have better luck posting it to Youtube and then posting that link here. I doubt many want to download an unknown file from dropbox. I know I don't.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
See if the windshield washer reservoir is loose.

Chip H.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, good point on downloading an unknown file- hadn't thought of that. It is a sound file, i just used my recording app. I didn't think to use my video. I'll see if i can catch it with the camera and in the mean time I'll check the washer reservoir but i soudt that is it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Sounds like a loose brake caliper. Make sure the calipers and caliper mounting brackets have no play in them where they mount to the spindle. When you hit the brakes, something is cocking and causing the noise. Does the noise cease when you let up on the brakes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts