Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you noticed how heavy the tailgate is on our truck?
I find if I leave the tail gate down, I really need two crawl over speed bumps, all that mass causes it to bang when you go over them with any velocity, it can not do the internal parts any good. Mabe it could use a locking strut or shock.

I normaly keep the gate closed but I have encountered the problem when hauling something long and light as well, at first I thought it was the load it self, but it is the tailgate bouncing.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't think this would be a unique issue to the RL.
My thinking is that the insides are probably pretty soild so I would imagine no harm would be caused. Maybe Kodiak can shed some light on this issue.

·
Registered
153 Posts
All the pickups that I have had bounce or bang when going over bumps at most any speed. This tailgate is heavy, it will hold much more than most any other tailgate that I know of.

Tiger

·
Registered
14 Posts
Having just sold a '98 Ranger before buying the Ridgeline, I have to say that I find the tailgate noticably lighter in the RL. They also went with only one strap on the left side to hold it in place in order to accomodate the swing open feature, but I have noticed that most other pickups don't have both straps properly adjusted such that they both contribute equally.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yukon said:
Having just sold a '98 Ranger before buying the Ridgeline, I have to say that I find the tailgate noticably lighter in the RL. They also went with only one strap on the left side to hold it in place in order to accomodate the swing open feature, but I have noticed that most other pickups don't have both straps properly adjusted such that they both contribute equally.
The bracket on the other side will support the weight. It's actually patented.

So don't worry about that. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts