Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Just picked up my new 2007 Silver Ridgeline last week and have been scanning the ROC site every day since.

My problem.......Looking to add side steps & brush guard. With silver rigeline I cannot decide to go with black or chrome. I have looked at almost every post for help. Leaning toward Burtman (because of positive feedback) "tubes" chrome but can't pull the trigger.

Maybe I'm being to anal!

·
Registered
257 Posts
KingGlenn said:
Hello All!

Just picked up my new 2007 Silver Ridgeline last week and have been scanning the ROC site every day since.

My problem.......Looking to add side steps & brush guard. With silver rigeline I cannot decide to go with black or chrome. I have looked at almost every post for help. Leaning toward Burtman (because of positive feedback) "tubes" chrome but can't pull the trigger.

Maybe I'm being to anal!
Go Chrome dude. I have the silver ridge and black would look like ****. Good luck!!! POst some pics when you get them installed

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
KingGlenn said:

Here is a differing view as I am a chrome guy... go black. Black on silver really stands out.

I know Burtman is a sponsor, but make sure you have looked at all possible providers/options. There are quite a few manufacturers and more providers than that.

I have Westin bars on mine as I like the round bar look and they are one of the top manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
k757 said:
Here is a differing view as I am a chrome guy... go black. Black on silver really stands out.

I know Burtman is a sponsor, but make sure you have looked at all possible providers/options. There are quite a few manufacturers and more providers than that.

I have Westin bars on mine as I like the round bar look and they are one of the top manufacturers.
I have to agree with K757......the black looks great with Silver. I bought the westin signature series nerf bars in black and i love the look. The chrome was just a little much with a light colored Ridge. The darker colors look better with chrome in my opinion.....good luck

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I agree with k757 & bigred1 -- black accessories look better on the lighter colors. It's higher contrast than chrome (which I do think looks better on darker colors).

I have black Westin nerf bars & G.Tech brush guard on my white RTX.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
KingGlenn, if NJ uses rock salt on the roads during winter, avoid the painted black steps and go stainless. I'm unsure if the Westin units are polished 304 stainless steel or simply chromed steel which, incidentally, can also flake after our harsh winters.

My units are mfd by Aries and are of 304 polished S/S.

·
Registered
563 Posts
that depends if you're going for the street look (chrome) or offroad look

black (flat) on silver is very nice, imo

i'm planning to do this next month

black brush guard, side steps and fender flarres

here's a picture of a green one with black

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
vpkb said:
that depends if you're going for the street look (chrome) or offroad look

black (flat) on silver is very nice, imo

i'm planning to do this next month

black brush guard, side steps and fender flarres

here's a picture of a green one with black

I just noticed the black-chrome wheels... NICE

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a silver ridge and I'm looking for steps too. I say.... go black! I think silver will make the ridge look too "thick" by adding the additional level of silver. I think black will also carry the visual line of black from the front tire to the rear. I'm lookin at the Westin tubes. When I do the deal I'll post pics to let you see if my sense of style makes sense.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
My vote for side steps and brush bar on lighter colors is also for Black as the contrast is much sharper. I'm planning to go with the Westin stainless bull bar and their "Platinum" series stainless side rails and then have them powder-coated gloss black. I've already bought the black side bumpers like the chrome ones K757 is so fond of and has on his beyootiful Redrock Ridge. Other than the really minor pieces of factory chrome, I plan for my RL to be all white with black accents.

2/6/07 I hereby recant what I said above. Just installed my Westin chrome-over-stainless side steps and they look absolutely awesome! For now they're going to remain bright and shiny!

·
Registered
162 Posts
The OEM brush "guard" is the same material as the composition bumpers. It is simply bolted on to the front end. If you want additional protection get another product.

·
5,741 Posts
I vote for black but then again I am biased since I have already done my entire truck in black. I have a black brush guard, black nerf bars, black tail light guards, and a black hitch step. You get the picture. If you don't, here are one or two of mine.

Oh yeah, forgot the aftermarket black billet grille.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My problem.......Looking to add side steps & brush guard. With silver rigeline I cannot decide to go with black or chrome. I have looked at almost every post for help.

Do the black bars and the chrome brush, the nerf bars will get dirty faster than anything ! If you get chrome, you'll be cleaning it every day. I did just that and it looks great ! Do the work yourself, it makes it all worth it !

·
Registered
57 Posts
My Ridge is black with a roof rack...and I had my heart set on the silver bars (the bad thing is that OEMs are way too expensive and the alternative I found on ebay loop around and I don't really like them). I checked out the aluminum billet running boards on a thread and I read all good things about it. However, now I am debating whether to get the silver or black billet running board, or just go with black nerf bars. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re: 2006 Silver with running boards

gabrieldreiling said:
Honda's running boards are not slippery, hold a lot of weight, and give you good rocker panel protection. Been good to me.
I went with the running boards for the additional protection as well.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Re: 2006 Silver with running boards

gabrieldreiling said:
Honda's running boards are not slippery, hold a lot of weight, and give you good rocker panel protection. Been good to me.
I have the Honda running boards as well and have been very happy with them. Can stand on them to clean the moonroof and I am close to 200 pounds. I am looking to add on either a bull guard, maybe the chrome westin or bed rails, or maybe both.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Just pulled the trigger with Jason Burtman on a set of chromed stainless Westin Platinum Series side steps and matching bull bar (along with a real wood dash kit). After living with our new RL for a few days I'm inclined to think that I'll leave the Westin pieces "as is" rather than having them powder-coated as I'd originally thought, but will table the final decision until after I see how all that chrome looks on my white RTL. If I decide to stay with the chrome it'll certainly vindicate k757, the "King of RL Chrome". :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts