Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With less than 1000 mile I've made my first upgrade to my RTL. I have an affliction that requires me to modify everything. This car will be with me for the next 7 years so I decided I wanted to improve the anemic sound system.

I added two CT Sounds Stratos 8" woofers, a Hifonics 1500D amp in a custom box. The speakers are wired to 1 ohms and are taking all 1500 watts nicely. I'm far from high school age so these speakers are more than I needed but I didn't want to half azz the job. A little Bass Nectar and my rear view mirror was shaking. Stock head unit is still being used.

While my wife was looking at the speakers she said my tires were too small for the truck. I told her she shouldn't tempt me :grin:

I had to recess the box after I made an amp change. The new amp was an inch thicker than original one I selected.

]

Door speakers are next up.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, Deep Scarlet Pearl
33 Posts
Very nice - box looks well made. I am more of a fan of sealed boxes but very well done.

Sub is my next project - one question for you. How did you route your power wire from the battery through the fire wall of the truck?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's a slick custom setup and ported to boot. Nice work!
Thanks

Very nice - box looks well made. I am more of a fan of sealed boxes but very well done.

Sub is my next project - one question for you. How did you route your power wire from the battery through the fire wall of the truck?
Thank you

There's a boot located near top driver side which has a bunch of wiring harnesses running through it. I had to make a small cut and fish it through. I couldn't locate any accessible grommets.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Component speakers have been installed. I decided to keep the stock tweeters and add the additional tweeter to the door. The door panel had to be cut to get the 6.5" speaker in. I also had to widen the speaker mounts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts