Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Interestingly enough today despite a very weak battery it did turn over and start. Couple of times this happened, every other time today there wasn't a sign of an issue. It is bizarre as this is outside my area of expertise and I don't want to just roll over and admit defeat so easily.

Back in 06 and early 07 I had to jump the truck every time I wanted to start it, I became quite efficient at using a hot box to jump it and go hahaha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me, Battery going dead. charging it up to take to dealer and whoosh cloud of smoke! Dealer finally figured out what everyone here already knows-bad a/c relays need replacing then you need to recharge the a/c

·
Registered
187 Posts
left my Ridgeline at the airport for a week, came back and it was dead. I thought I turned all the lights off, maybe not. Not only that but it seems my air condition runs even when the dash reads it's off as I always have a puddle under my truck....summer only obviously. any ideas on this?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,399 Posts
Read posts 6 and 10 and see if that's the source of your problem.

·
Registered
635 Posts
...... Not only that but it seems my air condition runs even when the dash reads it's off as I always have a puddle under my truck....summer only obviously. any ideas on this?
Lots of Honda products run the A/C in 'stealth' mode, for the sake of dehumidifying the air. Usually it's on the DEMIST or similar setting. Owner is the last to know unless you actually hear it clicking in. It doesn't show on the dash.

Doesn't the Owner's Manual mention that?

:act014:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Lots of Honda products run the A/C in 'stealth' mode, for the sake of dehumidifying the air. Usually it's on the DEMIST or similar setting. Owner is the last to know unless you actually hear it clicking in. It doesn't show on the dash.

Doesn't the Owner's Manual mention that?

:act014:
Most auto manufactures do this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 Ridgeline RTS and the battery is being drained overnight. At first I thought it was just a dead battery so I replaced it with a new one to have that one drained as well. I brought it to the dealer and they could not find a drain, the battery tested good. I cannot figure out what is draining the battery, there is nothing on, it currently has a 3.41 amp drain according to my ammeter.
Has anyone had an issue like this or know how to test to find the drain. I already did the pull one fuse at a time and see if the drain stops and that did nothing.
Check out #8 on "Trunk not opening without key" for related info.

·
Super Moderator
23,399 Posts
Check out #8 on "Trunk not opening without key" for related info.
Lol. I sure hope the OP found his issue since this was posted 8 years ago. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the AC relay is causing my problem also. I left the battery hooked up while I was at work after pulling the relay and when I went out at the end of the day my battery registered 12.5 volts. I will replace the relay. Before I knew about this issue I jumped it with my other car. While I was letting it run to charge the battery up I all of a sudden heard what sounded like a fire extingusher and there was a white cloud comig from the engine. I ran around and turned the the truck off. Waited about a minute and started it back up, it ran fine, then after about 1 minute or so it happened again, this time I tried to see where it was coming from and it was down by the AC. Now I do not have any AC? Is there some knd of release valve or is there some kind of leak. I bought a AC fill kit and don't want to waste the kit if it is a leak as opposed to some kid of pressure release valve. Any thoughts?
Mine is doing this right now and its 102 here in Texas. What did you do?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2007 Ridgeline RTS and the battery is being drained overnight. At first I thought it was just a dead battery so I replaced it with a new one to have that one drained as well. I brought it to the dealer and they could not find a drain, the battery tested good. I cannot figure out what is draining the battery, there is nothing on, it currently has a 3.41 amp drain according to my ammeter.
Has anyone had an issue like this or know how to test to find the drain. I already did the pull one fuse at a time and see if the drain stops and that did nothing.
Its prolly a dead short somewhere. Take it to a honda certified dealership.

·
Super Moderator
23,399 Posts
Its prolly a dead short somewhere. Take it to a honda certified dealership.
Well I sure hope the OP found his issue sometime within the last 10 years! ;)

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,899 Posts
Since he has not been around for more than 2yrs, I would imagine that he may have even found a new vehicle :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts