Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many cranking or peak amps should my charger/booster be for a quick start for my Ridgeline.... I have an 2008 Odyssey in which my charger/quick start will start the Odyssey instantly as soon as I attach the cables to the battery. For my Ridgeline though it is no dice. It won't turn over with the same Battery booster even if I leave it attached for an hour (Which is not what the booster is meant for). Thanks

·
Premium Member
2018 RTL-T
341 Posts
How many cranking or peak amps should my charger/booster be for a quick start for my Ridgeline.... I have an 2008 Odyssey in which my charger/quick start will start the Odyssey instantly as soon as I attach the cables to the battery. For my Ridgeline though it is no dice. It won't turn over with the same Battery booster even if I leave it attached for an hour (Which is not what the booster is meant for). Thanks
I cannot tell you how many cranking or peak amps your charger/booster should be at, but it should be charged to at least half of what it is rated at.....I would think. Now if you are having issues with the battery not keeping charge, or you are not driving it enough to keep it charged, may I suggest a battery tender?
Also when you are hooking up your charger/booster are you sure you have a good ground? That might be my first look at making sure I had good ground along with a good connection for the positive terminal. You might also need to check your battery terminals to make sure they are tight and if so, the alternator may need to be checked to see if it is actually charge if the battery or not. Not sure this is much help, but hopefully you figure it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts