Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone up in the frozen north use a battery tender? I use one on my wife's BMW just because it seems like a good idea, plus that vehicle sits quite a lot in the winter. I would like to do the same with our G2, but, finding a place to connect it is difficult. At least if you follow the owners manual. It should not be necessary to remove the engine cover to connect the negative terminal. But Honda makes it clear not to connect any where else. Seem like I should be able to connect it anywhere on the body or uncoated metal. .??

·
Registered
94 Posts
We travel for months at a time. I use a Pro-Logix Battery Maintainer to keep the battery serviced. The unit comes with two pigtails, one terminates with "clamps" and they other with "terminals" and connects to the unit via a connector. I removed the intake, installed the terminal connectors on the battery. Now, I simply pop the hood and mate the connector.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, after fiddling with it today when it was to darn cold to be doing anything without gloves, I decided it can wait until it is a lot warmer out side. I will follow your idea.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I have one on a Honda Element which I store at my house in Idaho. It works great and is super easy. It is a Schmucher Speed Charge... You connect the + and - directly to the terminals and then there is a quick release clip about one foot for the end, so you always have it connect then then just remove or restore the charge from the clip. I bought it at O'Riellys Auto Store but I am sure you can find them on line. Schmacher Model S#M 1562A-CA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts