Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if anyone can recommend a shop in the bay area that they like, ideally somewhere close to the Richmond area. Primary interest is Pop and Locks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Awesome - thanks! I don’t mind waiting a couple weeks if need be. Any idea if they will paint the manual pop and lock handle also? Just bought a BE and not sure if I want the matte color handle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah not worth it for $150+ for me. Does adding the electric lock screw with the factory warranty?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No idea, but that's a definite reason for me not to. Also, don't trust the connection might fail over time due to chafe etc. In some photos, people hook to rear door lock. In others, they send the line to the fuse box area. In both cases opening and closing all the time due to FOB seems to me to prone failure after extended use.

Don't think much of the bicycle cable backup either. Just need a short term solution while I travel long distance.

BUT, I'm not happy about the handle being plastic and non OEM in the manual

Just called Mobile Living and Cliff recommended just going with the electric P&L - sounded very confident about its reliability and said the shop would always be happy to fix anything that fails with it... $230 out the door - and early next week. Hmmm. Just when I was about to say screw it and install a manual only by myself.

·
Registered
119 Posts
FWIW- I had my Pop & Lock 8600 installed at a custom car stereo shop in SF. Same week install.

I was too lazy to do the wiring. I've known the folks @ Audio Symphony for 20+ years, and seen some of their custom builds, so I asked them if they would and could do it. They did. I also had them install a light strip between the bumper and tailgate for turn signals, back up etc. Clean professional installation - and worth the $350 I paid them to install both items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts