Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bay Area Owners - meet for group photo/tailgate top of Mt. Diablo on April 9th

Ok, lets see how many folks we can get together for a group photo/tailgate. We'll meet at the very top of Mt. Diablo. Should be easy to spot each other as there's only a parking lot up there. I propose the following date and time:

Saturday April 9th 12:00pm Noon

Here's directions with a map:
http://www.mdia.org/parkmap.htm

Weather permitting of course, we'll postpone if not a sunny day.

·
Registered
361 Posts
thanks, vertrkr, for organizing this outing. If we get enough trucks, we can form a circle like the covered wagons, and have the tailgate in the middle. If we are really lucky, we can get Honda to pay for the food in exchange for the PR.

Do you think there is a area large enough for this and would the park management allow us?

BTW, what about future owners who has ordered the truck?

My back yard cherry just blossomed and this should be a great time to visit Mt. Diablo.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I should be there. Can't wait to see the different colors in person. Looks like I will be the only one so far with the roof rack. It will be nice to see how the different accessories look as well. If you don't have them on yet, try to get them before April 2nd.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blue said:
Do you think there is a area large enough for this and would the park management allow us?
Parking lot is big enough, depends on how many other visitors are up there. Don't think the Rangers would hassle us, they're pretty cool. There's actually a upper and lower lot. I was thinking of meeting at the upper one and take over the lower one if we have to which is usually empty. Been awhile since I've been up there but I think both lots are in sight of each other so no one should get lost.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi, it looks like weather will be cloudy Saturday. Are you both still on?

For photo shoot, overcast is better than bright sun. I assume both of you have a digital camera. I have a old olympus.

Hopefully, more people will show up.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue said:
Hi, it looks like weather will be cloudy Saturday. Are you both still on?

For photo shoot, overcast is better than bright sun. I assume both of you have a digital camera. I have a old olympus.

Hopefully, more people will show up.
I'm still game, looking at the local forcast for mt diablo, I show it says mostly sunny for Sat. We can always do it again once there are more owners too.

L

·
0 Posts
If my son didn't start racing this weekend, I would have seriously considered it.
I plan to drive my 'Line to Yellowstone stopping at Mt. Rushmore in July pulling a 25' trailer. What a test that will be.
Thanks anyway Del !!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Isn't a 25 ft trailer too heavy? I went to Airstream website site and a 22 footer weighs 4000 LB. After adding water and stuff it's over 5000 LB. From what I understand, if you have a full load in the truck, the towing weight goes down below 4500 Lb. Can you safely towing a 25 ft trailer cross country?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blue said:
Isn't a 25 ft trailer too heavy? I went to Airstream website site and a 22 footer weighs 4000 LB. After adding water and stuff it's over 5000 LB. From what I understand, if you have a full load in the truck, the towing weight goes down below 4500 Lb. Can you safely towing a 25 ft trailer cross country?
The towing specs from Honda are conservative and spec'd for the worst case conditions you might encounter which would be long hauls in 110 degree weather up a grade. For short trips in normal conditions you could certainly exceed them a bit without any damage. In a cross country trip you might encounter them and it would not be recommended to exceed the specs else you're risking damage or shortened life of the transmission and/or real axel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately... I don't have a Ridgeline (yet). If I did, and didn't have a b-day party to be at in San Jose, I'd definitely be there just to check out the vehicle and meet everyone.

It sure would be cool if California owners could arrange a gathering of Honda's quirkiest vehicles.. aka. Element, Ridgeline.. for a large BBQ or road trip. That'd definitely be a site to see!! (FYI.. I have an Element)

Hope everything goes well for the meet!!

L

·
0 Posts
The trailer we will be pulling is a narrow one and only 2,800 pounds empty. We are going to try it out before hand to make sure it's good to go. We will most likely be taking the hills of Ohio as a test drive! :eek:
I'll let you know.

·
Registered
361 Posts
OKay. Let's do it next saturday. I will do my taxes.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'll put April 9th on my schedule. Too bad because we should hit the 70's this weekend.

·
Registered
52 Posts
bongus said:
I'll put April 9th on my schedule. Too bad because we should hit the 70's this weekend.
Bongus...man pm me about this stuff!:) I'll clear my calender for the 9th too! I'll see you there!!! I have not been to Mt. Diablo so maybe you can PM me directions from where we are at.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts