Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased these OEM parts and they arrived yesterday. Installed them a few minutes ago. I think someone on the Board had asked for pictures of a BE with the mud flaps installed, so here they are. Installation was very easy, took about 30 minutes total. Had to trim just a bit with a knife to get the bottom clips to line up with the pre-drilled hole on the rears. Cost was just over $80 plus shipping via Fedex, so total was $97.00

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put mine on yesterday. Didn't have to trim anything. OP is right about quick and plainless install.

·
Administrator
16,069 Posts
FUN FACT: During the 2010 HMA plant tour where Ridgelines are made, we learned that plastic (cutlery, water bottles, etc.) from the employee dining area gets recycled into various plastic parts on Hondas. Your splash guards may contain items that John and Jane Doe used to eat their lunch with. :)

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
FUN FACT: During the 2010 HMA plant tour where Ridgelines are made, we learned that plastic (cutlery, water bottles, etc.) from the employee dining area gets recycled into various plastic parts on Hondas. Your splash guards may contain items that John and Jane Doe used to eat their lunch with. :)
Thanks for that info...now I can tell my tree hugger friends that I drive a 'green' car!>:)

·
Administrator
16,069 Posts
Thanks for that info...now I can tell my tree hugger friends that I drive a 'green' car!>:)
It it fascinating to see rolls of sheet metal, chunks of aluminum, and containers of plastic pellets become vehicles that drive off the assembly line under their own power. The plant covers 3,700,000 square feet on 1,350 acres.

"ENVIRONMENT

​We share Honda’s global leadership in environmental stewardship. In fact, our facility here in Lincoln was established as the very first “Zero Landfill” automotive plant in North America. Since the start of production in November 2001, we’ve built more than 3.1 million vehicles and engines… and have sent nothing to a landfill.

Zero-Waste-to-Landfill

We’ve identified alternative uses for leftover materials and have even found ways for our cafeteria to recycle."

Welcome to Honda Manufacturing of Alabama

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
Thanks Ranger519. I think it was me who asked to see them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put a set on yesterday in about 20 minutes with no trimming necessary. Look good.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Both splash guards (their terminology) and running boards are considerably more streamlined (smaller) than their G1 counterparts. My guess is that it's to minimize impact on MPG. I like the look, but I wonder if the splash guards are less effective. Time will tell.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I was going to ask the Question last night reading this post but glad I waited for this picture to show what I mean.
I notice this on RTL-E last week at dealership what are the little flaps in front of rear wheels underneath?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is the bottom of the wheel well liner. It does look like a very small flap or splash guard. Maybe someone else can identify its purpose as it does extend down maybe 2".

·
Registered
606 Posts
I was going to ask the Question last night reading this post but glad I waited for this picture to show what I mean.
I notice this on RTL-E last week at dealership what are the little flaps in front of rear wheels underneath?
They are for aerodynamics, I believe they are called strikes, I saw it mentioned before on here. I think Zroger was the one who had mentioned it before.

·
Super Moderator
5,338 Posts
It is an air dam to aid in airflow. Another small thing to increase mpg. Our 2012 Camry Hybrid was the first car I noticed them on, but I am sure they were present before that.

JJ13, we must have typing at the same time. I like your word, "strike." They look nearly the same size as the rear mudguard. Maybe we should rename to mudguard to better define it's purpose--"cosmetic" since they are so small.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts