Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if a person were to order a G2 to be built, do you think Honda would accommodate the desire to have the BE wheels installed instead of the RTL-E wheels?

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,894 Posts
Unfortunately "HONDA" doesn't allow build to exactly what the customer wants. They gave us 7 trims (far to many IMHO) and of those 5 are available in two different drive types, IIRC.

Considering the limited production of the G2 RIDGELINE, they should just build to specific request and have maybe 4-5 trims at best and everything else would be add on packs, but HONDA don't play that.

If you want BE wheels, you're going to have to work out a trade during purchase, buy them separately and sell your takeoff wheels (or see what credit the dealer will apply) to your BE wheel purchase.

If it was me I'd also check on taking the RTL-E wheels off and get them powder coated.

· Registered
385 Posts
So if a person were to order a G2 to be built, do you think Honda would accommodate the desire to have the BE wheels installed instead of the RTL-E wheels?
The E and the BE wheels are the same wheel, except one is black and the other silver/gray. Powder Coating is probably the best way to go, it's around $400 for a set (4) to be done, plus the labor cost to have them dis-mounted and re-mounted again. I thought I might find a take-off set from a RTS (better looking wheel to me) have them Power Coated and then switch them out, selling my take-off set. This way I would not be without a vehicle wile the wheels are being Power Coated.

trainman

· Registered
363 Posts
I'm glad I saw this thread! I didn't realize the BE rims are the same as the RTL-E just fully black. That opens up some new options. I too was planning to try to work a swap at purchase for BE rims but maybe I can try plastidipping them and see how I like the look before going through with PC.

· Registered
153 Posts
My dealership said they will not trade wheels each one is marked with the Vin... Don't know how true that is.
I've never seen a permanent VIN on a wheel before but i have seen stickers left over from production that had the VIN on them, HOWEVER.... The VIN is tied to the build that contains all the part numbers that make the vehicle. If a dealer swaps wheel between two vehicles then they have TWO "wrong" vehicles. If the buyer of the other vehicle later finds out the have the wrong equipment the dealer might have to buy them the right set of wheels on their dime. It prolly wont happen but it might and thats a liability also if the vehicle is in a wreck and insurance pays for a wheel that could get complicated if the vehicle doesn't have the right wheels on it!!!

· Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,603 Posts
Just get them professionally painted just like the BE wheels. Same.

· Registered
184 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.